Auto Gratuities on 1 day cruise?

LegalCat

I was just wondering if on a 1 day cruise (April 19 Sun) if they charge you I guess $10 for one days worth of tips? Seems like it makes sense... I also want to know because I'm trying to get a notary to come on the cruise with us and we will pay for their cabin so I want to also give them a little extra to cover a few extra things..

...I also want to know because I'm trying to get a notary to come on the cruise with us and we will pay for their cabin so I want to also give them a little extra to cover a few extra things..

Notary? Pay for cabin?

huh?

We are trying to get married onthe cruise but the wedding company that does NCL's weddings will not do it because there is another wedding party getting married that has 150 guests so they feel like my group of 4 people just cannot be accomodated... so... we are going to find someone to come on and do the wedding for us and in exchange we will pay for their cabin...

I was one & never married anyone since I was not a mayor, or other official of a City to do it. A Notary just makes paperwork official by swearing in the people signing it that they are a able mind & body. I have sworn folks in court when the normal gal was ill.

We are trying to get married onthe cruise but the wedding company that does NCL's weddings will not do it because there is another wedding party getting married that has 150 guests so they feel like my group of 4 people just cannot be accomodated... so... we are going to find someone to come on and do the wedding for us and in exchange we will pay for their cabin...

You dont have to be a mayor or other city official to do a marriage ceremony, at least not in Florida... any notary can do it, and in fact the notary kit that you get in florida or a minor upgrade fee comes with the entire marriage kit with the ceremonies, certificates and seals etc... I'm a notary and can do weddings but obviously not my own..

You dont have to be a mayor or other city official to do a marriage ceremony, at least not in Florida... any notary can do it, and in fact the notary kit that you get in florida or a minor upgrade fee comes with the entire marriage kit with the ceremonies, certificates and seals etc... I'm a notary and can do weddings but obviously not my own..

Don't know what the process is for different states, but I have a friend who does this now. Not sure if it's some extra paper work or something, but she is now able to perform wedding ceremonies. When I read your post, I guessed as much. Congratulations!:)

each state has different rules for notaries or commissioner of deeds. BTW in most states you aren't determining whether the person is competent to sign only that the person in front of you is the person who has produced some identification to indicate that they are the person saying they are the person signing and that you "administer" an oath. In increases the level of the crime if the person so stating is not the person and makes it a rebuttable presumption that it is the person who is alleged to be the signer and competent(its always a rebuttable presumption that someone is competent to sign). but the answer to the original question is sometimes yes they charge it and sometimes they don't. On my last one day on the Spirit, it wasn't charged as it was "included", I didn't think so but I had already left the room permanently before I looked and asked about it and it was too late to add.

Ah - Notary for the wedding. Never heard of that, but I guess it could make sense. Surely is none of my business, but I guess a clergy person is not an option.

As to what a notary does, getting a bit off track. As mentioned above, they only make sure the person has an ID and signs in front of them. They could care less what is on the document. So many times that people ask for it to be notarized only makes if a pain and does not serve any real purpose - other than some legal means of prosecution AFTER something goes bad.

Well, neither of us are particularly religious and are definately non-practicing and do not belong to any church... so... seems like it would be much easier to find a notary or some other official than to find a pastor or other church official to come along with us...

Here is some information about what a florida notary can do, if any one is interested: http://www.flnotary.com/ImportantInfo.asp

Including:

Perform a marriage ceremony in the State of Florida for all individuals (including any family members) with a valid Florida marriage license.

That link even gives a ceremony script they can use :)

My daughter got married in Florida, by a Notary. Why does everyone on this board always have to question what people say, just because you haven;t heard of it doesn;t mean it isn;t true. Notaries have been marrying people in Florida for years and years.

I want to marry someone! I'm a notary in NY, but I'm almost positive that I can't - lol... Congrats though! & I'm not sure about NCL, but on other cruise lines, I belive its added at the end, or at least your credit card doesn't get charged until the end of the cruise, so I wouldn't think it would matter if it was per day or per week for the tip charge.

Hehehe, I'm a Florida notary and have the whole marriage kit but I've never actually performed a ceremony... There is another person at my company who is also a Florida notary who would love to go on a free 1 night cruise, but not the person I would want marrying us...

It looks like only notaries in three states can perform marriages according to nationalnotary.org:

It you're a Notary in Florida, Maine or South Carolina, you have the authority to perform marriages!

Thats handy.

My daughter got married in Florida, by a Notary. Why does everyone on this board always have to question what people say, just because you haven;t heard of it doesn;t mean it isn;t true. Notaries have been marrying people in Florida for years and years.

And happy apostrophe's and semi-colons to EVERYONE! :D

I posted already on the other board NCL that I am a notary and I live in pembroke pines...read the other post :)

Thanks!!! Actually I cant get your post to come up it says the new post is there but doesnt show it in the thread but i got your email from a search, i'm glad you posted here :)

i just sent you an email so we could connect

I think most of the people were just asking about it, but not questioning the validity. I know I had never heard of such a thing and it sure seemed strange. Thanks for informing the less educated among us. Not a few of us know.

Now, I have another question. Since I have to pay a corkage fee to bring wine aboard, do I have to pay a "Get Married" fee if my bring my own Notary?

(thats a joke for those that don't get it)

Oh no... this nickle and diming of NCL is reallllllllllllllllly getting to me!!!! a getting married fee... sheesh...

Hey wait a second... what if I hide the notary inside my luggage and sneak her on? Do you think I could avoid the naughty room?

Archived