television on Oosterdam?

LMUMegan

We just booked the 8/9 sailing on the Oosterdam and realized after the fact that this will be during the Summer Olympics. Of course I don't go on vacation to watch TV, but, when cruising, we like to lay low in the evenings after dinner. I know the stateroom televisions have limited offerings, but is there anywhere on ship where we might catch the Olympics in the evening?

I had many other more pertinent questions, but they have all been answered by reading these boards, so thank you!

HAL uses ESPN as their sports network, so you will get whatever they are carrying - probably synopses rather than full events. But since you will be in Alaska, they could perhaps bring in some coverage from a local station if enough people showed an interest and indicated it to the Guest Relations Mgr.:)

HAL uses ESPN as their sports network, so you will get whatever they are carrying - probably synopses rather than full events. But since you will be in Alaska, they could perhaps bring in some coverage from a local station if enough people showed an interest and indicated it to the Guest Relations Mgr.:)

By running up a TV antenna on the bridge? ;)

All the TV feed comes from a satellite (or canned tapes on board). There's very little variation no matter what itinerary you're on.

But it is the International version of ESPN (used to have Sky, too, I believe) so there should be some olympic coverage.

Does this mean we will have ESPN in our room? I'm guessing not, but just wanted to confirm.

Does this mean we will have ESPN in our room? I'm guessing not, but just wanted to confirm.

Yep...you get the international versions of ESPN and CNN in your cabin as well as TNT....Lots of soccer and worlds strongest man competition on ESPN though :eek:

Archived