Reggae Beach

cruisegetaway

Hi there! My DH & I toured with Marva Shaw last year, Reggae Beach was on our agenda. It is a beautiful, picture postcard beach with crystal clear blue water. I recommend going if you are not looking for a lot of ammenities. There are no chairs or umbrellas for rent; however, there is a bar/grill area and restrooms. I didn't use the restrooms, but my DH did... he said they are on the primitive side. Also, there are stray dogs that roam by the trees. I was put off by this initially, but they left everyone alone (apparently, Reggae Beach isn't the only beach with strays - Mahogony has been reported to have them as well).

Feel free to ask me specific questions - I'd be happy to help you make your decision! Also, I have a full review of my trip - click on the link in my signature to read more. :)

Hi Michele! you are great, you seem to be the only one responding. :) I read your review a few times, trying to decide about the beach. I am a little turned off about the dogs too and also not many tourists there and more locals. I think we would feel uncomfortable. I would love to see your pictures of the beach if you have any to share!

Hi Michele! you are great, you seem to be the only one responding. :) I read your review a few times, trying to decide about the beach. I am a little turned off about the dogs too and also not many tourists there and more locals. I think we would feel uncomfortable. I would love to see your pictures of the beach if you have any to share!

Hi, rcprncss! Thanks for your kind words! :D Flattery will get you everywhere!!! ;)

I don't want to scare you about the dogs or few tourists, but I feel like you should be informed. We felt safe, it was just an odd feeling having the beach almost to ourselves, especially after visiting beaches with HORDES of cruisers! (My guess is that there were 25 others there...) As for the dogs, I thought it was just our "lucky day," but, according to others, this isn't uncommon at beaches (I assume the resort beaches are better though).

Here are a few pictures... also, do a search on Reggae Beach on webshots - there'll be more there. Good luck!!

***Sorry - the pictures aren't posting for some odd reason. They show up as being attached, but don't post. :( I'll try again later...***

MIchelle, those pictures are gorgeous! I did a search but I just typed in Reggae Beach and got a bunch of party pictures and not really beach pictures. Thanks! Seeing those pictures make me want to go. The little Jamaican boys are adorable! Thanks again!

You're so welcome!!! There was so little information on Reggae Beach before we took our trip - I'm glad I can help a few people. :)

Yes, the beach is picture postcard perfect! Keep in mind, that it is NOT a resort. The dogs never bothered us - they kept to themselves. The water was very clean and pretty calm (the beach is in a cove). I didn't go out far - just enough to get wet, so I'm not sure how deep it gets. There are no lifeguards on duty. The beach consists of a courser sand, but it is not rocky (at least at the main beach area).

Feel free to ask more questions. Happy cruising!

Archived