Compare & Contrast with DCL

jeppler

No, not an adult's only pool but since there's a kids pool with a waterslide (deck 12 aft), I don't think the Oasis pool is nearly as much fun for the kids. I don't recall seeing any kids in the Oasis pool.

Thanks, I knew about the pool but I was pretty sure it wasn't an adults only.

We have sailed aboard DCL six times, most recently in the Med last summer.

Absolutely, DCL strictly enforces its adults-only zones. We have found unaccompanied children to be far more obtrusive on other lines (especially Celebrity), which are lax about enforcement.

DCL's adults-only restaurant, Palo, offers truly superb fare and service. Adults in our party have dined frequently, if not exclusively, at Palo.

It is most disappointing to us that Disney has elected to stay in the Caribbean: Ghettos with a beach. Bon Voyage, DCL -- We will be patronizing other lines which offer far more enticing itineraries.

We have sailed aboard DCL six times, most recently in the Med last summer.

Absolutely, DCL strictly enforces its adults-only zones. We have found unaccompanied children to be far more obtrusive on other lines (especially Celebrity), which are lax about enforcement.

DCL's adults-only restaurant, Palo, offers truly superb fare and service. Adults in our party have dined frequently, if not exclusively, at Palo.

It is most disappointing to us that Disney has elected to stay in the Caribbean: Ghettos with a beach. Bon Voyage, DCL -- We will be patronizing other lines which offer far more enticing itineraries.

Palo....yum!

itinerary-It can't be too bad if they were in the Med. right??? Anyways, they have added a number of ports in the Caribbean and this summer they are in Mexico, again.

My guess is one of the main draws to stay in the Caribbean is the private island.

Also with the addition of the 2 new ships, I'm guessing that there will be more ports available, perhaps Alaska.

Wow, Disney generates a loyal following. We sailed DL several years ago and loved it. We said for several years after, "noone does it like Disney," but as our children get older we find that different things attract us. The reasons we don't sail DL now are: price, price, price, then our kids prefer the programs of the other lines. Because DL has so many kids their programs were pretty crowded. We did find that embarkation with DL was a long, interminable line. Lots of nice scenery and ships models, etc. to look at but long waits. We've never experienced that with any other line so I'm thinking that cruising NY is different. We also prefer more itineraries. While I would never call the Caribbean "ghetto" we like a little diversity. My family loved the rotating restaurants with DL but we also really like freestyle. It's great on a port-intensive intinerary. My kids now like to choose the restaurants and plan our evenings. We met that couple who has cruised DL 50 times when we were on the ship. In fact, we had dinner with them in Palo's at the captain's table. While that was an amazing experience my thoughts were, "get a life." There is so much more to experience than one cruise line doing the same ports over, and over and over. It's just weird.

Wow, Disney generates a loyal following. We sailed DL several years ago and loved it. We said for several years after, "noone does it like Disney," but as our children get older we find that different things attract us. The reasons we don't sail DL now are: price, price, price, then our kids prefer the programs of the other lines. Because DL has so many kids their programs were pretty crowded. We did find that embarkation with DL was a long, interminable line. Lots of nice scenery and ships models, etc. to look at but long waits. We've never experienced that with any other line so I'm thinking that cruising NY is different. We also prefer more itineraries. While I would never call the Caribbean "ghetto" we like a little diversity. My family loved the rotating restaurants with DL but we also really like freestyle. It's great on a port-intensive intinerary. My kids now like to choose the restaurants and plan our evenings. We met that couple who has cruised DL 50 times when we were on the ship. In fact, we had dinner with them in Palo's at the captain's table. While that was an amazing experience my thoughts were, "get a life." There is so much more to experience than one cruise line doing the same ports over, and over and over. It's just weird.

DCl has changed the embarkment line. You now receive a number as you come in the terminal. That way you don't have to wait in line. You can visit and watch movies etc.

How cool that you got to eat with Barb and Tony!!! Did you set that up or did it just happen? I've often wondered what you could do over and over. I guess once you've done most everything, it gives you the chance to really do nothing!

Ok, just a stab in the dark....on the disboards were you aprilgail????

Jersey girl, no that april is not me. It might be good to have a couple of pseudonyms though.

We did not set it up the dinner ourselves. And, I did not remember their names but I assumed that it was the same couple - could be I'm making the wrong assumption but either way the feeling stays the same. I just like to change things up a bit. DH and I couldn't figure out how we got the invitation to dinner with the captain. It seemed rather random. The other couples were travel agents or had some occasion to celebrate. We think that our maitre de (sp?) got us in. We had developed a friendly relationship with him and gave him an extra tip at the end.:)

Jersey girl, no that april is not me. It might be good to have a couple of pseudonyms though.

We did not set it up the dinner ourselves. And, I did not remember their names but I assumed that it was the same couple - could be I'm making the wrong assumption but either way the feeling stays the same. I just like to change things up a bit. DH and I couldn't figure out how we got the invitation to dinner with the captain. It seemed rather random. The other couples were travel agents or had some occasion to celebrate. We think that our maitre de (sp?) got us in. We had developed a friendly relationship with him and gave him an extra tip at the end.:)

It is probably the same couple. There is someone else though that has done quite a few as well, but my money is on Tony and Barb.

Archived