Best way to do this??

gilly99

After a lot of discussion, we have finally decided that we want to go to the Turtle place, to a Rum Cake place, and to the Starfish beach and/or Rum Point Beach. Would that type itinerary be do-able?? What would be the best way/most economical way to combine these?? Rent a car, hire a tour guide, take bus or taxi?? I would really like to do the tour guide thing, but don't want to be rushed. Also, if renting a car would be the best, could someone give me directions for these locations???

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!!!

Best way to do all that? Take a week-long land vacation in Cayman... :D

That's almost impossible to do in the standard amount of time that a cruise ship is in port, especially if you don't want to be rushed. Sorry...

Ooh, a week long vaca in Cayman sounds like a great idea.... will put that on my vacation to do list!!

But for now, what would you recommend instead? Turtle Farm probably needs to stay on the agenda. Can you recommend a beach that would be good for a family and convenient to coming back from the turtle farm? I suppose starfish beach is the only place to see starfish???

Thanks for the feedback. That is what I needed to hear (just didn't want to, lol)

Anywhere along Seven Mile Beach is convenient for a stop as you return from Boatswain's Beach (aka Turtle Farm). There are many segments of SMB such as Cemetery Beach, Courtyard by Marriott, Sea Grape, Public Beach, Beach Club Colony, Royal Palms, and more. None are better than the other for seeing starfish.

Thanks so much Drew!! So if we rent a car and go to the turtle place first and then work our way back to the pier, can you recommend any other must see attractions or scenery for us? (it will be dh, myself, and ds 10 and dd 7) How bout a great place for lunch? And any of those beaches you prefer over another? I have heard good things about Cemetary beach, but we don't have our own equip., and there are not rental facilities there, are there?

Thanks again for all the info, we really appreciate it!!!

Archived