purell whipes at sams

Found these today pretty cheep at sams taking 2 box on our 10 day cruise great forbcleaning the menus and stuff

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=370210

PURELL Instant Hand Wrapped Wipes - 100 pk.

0007385200986_LG.jpg

Delivery: $5.24 Shipping Included

item-head_Suggested.gif

sanitizing Wrapped Wipes, Kills 99.9 of Germs, 100 pk. officesmall.gif

item-head_Specifications.gif

Hand wipes kills 99

percent of most common germs

Use anytime for quick clean-up when soap and water are not available

Sanitize while removing dirt from hands

Wipes are individually wrapped

Warranty: This product is covered by the Sam's Club Member Satisfaction Guarantee.

Assembled Country of Origin: USA

Components Country of Origin: USA

This item ships Office Preferred Delivery via small package carrier of the suppliers choice to the 48 contiguous states only and is generally delivered within 1 to 2 business days.

Shipping Options (Delivery):

Shipping Included

oooh, cool. I wouldn't use them for menus but they are better for sanitzing hands because you use friction when wiping hands and it wipes the dirt off. people touch everything on the ships, you either have to carry around some purell or wash your hands a lot.

It would be impossible to sanitize everything on the ship you touch. It is the same as if you go to a hotel or resort or school etc. Noro virus is due to others not washing their hands. And if you keep your hands clean and away from your face, you'll be fine.

I'm trying to think how you could use those all thru a day....MENUS, elevator buttons, railings, chaise lounges, chairs in the restaurants, dishes, glasses, faucets in the room and public areas, computers, phones, everything in your stateroom, ship card....GEEZ Would be way too much for me to worry about. Mush easier just wshing my hands every time I pass a rest room.

But if it makes you feel better, go for it. Have a great time!

I read something that said the TV remote in most hotels was the germiest object in the room, and the "ground floor" buttons in the elevators are the germiest objects outside the rooms. I'm taking some Clorox wipes for that! (And the faucet handles, doorknobs, etc. in the cabin.) You'd look pretty silly walking along swabbing down the handrails and stuff, but you could get lots of use out of these for elevator buttons and objects in your cabin, as well as for quick hand-cleanings when a restroom isn't available.

:)

If you have BJs membership, they also sell their own brand of sanitizing wipes. We've used both the Purell and BJs and both are good. We like them because they are less "slimy" (in my kids'words!) than the gel and you get the friction action. We use one each time we get into the car (from school, playground, stores etc). I don't think I would use them for handrails etc (I'd use a Clorox wipe in my cabin tho) but I often will pull one out before eating at a restaurant.

okay, this is for the person that replied earlier and didn't like the wipes....

I understand your point of view, i agree, you cannot sanitize everything on the ship, nor should you try because you'd be there all day wiping. however, you should frequently clean your hands and that is really what these purell products are all about. When you touch the buttons on the elevator, the handlebars on the ship, etc... you then need to clean hands. If you use soap and water, great! But, some folks like to use the quick and easier methods avaliable. Frequent handwashing is the best way to prevent the spread of illness. This is simply fact and indisputable, and it has been shown that using a hand sanitzing product is just as good as washing if hands aren't visibly soiled. so, they are good if used properly.

Archived