How long can I stay on Voyager on debarkation morning?

VaCruzers

I just noted the thread about how early one can get off the ship, but I sort of have the opposite situation. Our flight does not depart FLL until 5:50 PM. Assuming we want to arrive at the airport no later than 3:30, that still leaves quite a bit of time during the day. Since there are 4 of us, there will be several pieces of luggage to haul around. I'd sort of like to stay onboard as long as possible to minimize the wait at the airport time. Of course, if anyone has any ideas of how to kill the time, I'm open to suggestions. Just one thing....we will be arriving back in Miami on 12/24, Christmas Eve, so that could be a factor on what we could do. I'm sure traffic will be crazy and everyone will be zipping around doing their last minute chores before Christmas. Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

They will probably require you to be off by 9:30 or 10 am. Several options: Get a hotel "day room" and hang out at the hotel pool or beach. RCCL offers debarkation excursions that may take you on a tour or to the everglades and after the tour drop you off at the airport. They stick you luggage under the bus and it goes with you.

On the Voyager we requested the tags for the last colored called. (ask our cabin steward the day before you get off) we then head to breakfast. Steward allowed us to keep our stuff in the cabin until 9:30. We then walked around the ship checking out various cabins to see what kind of category we would want next. and to see the categories we cant afford.. We were the last people off the ship. First ones on and last ones off- nice. (we didnt even see cruise staff) We were off by 10:30. No wait in line for customs, our luggage was there waiting. then off to the airport and wait.

That seems to be the hard-restriction that folks in this situation confront: The stewards need you out by 9am or 9:30am at the latest. I doubt there would be as much concern about debarkation if folks could stay in their cabins until (for example) 45 minutes before they're allowed to debark, whenever that may be.

Remember, on debarkation, you are instructed to wait in your designated waiting area, not wander the ship. There is really nothing at all to do while you wait, which as the previous poster is implying, is why folks complain about debarkation so much...it is just plain boring. I would rather wait in the airport than on the ship, at least I can wander and get a coffee in the airport.

I usually take a cab to South Beach and enjoy the day walking about. I go to a hotel, pay the bell hop $20, and ask that he store my luggage for a few hours. No one has ever refused. I then shop, eat and just enjoy the day.

I don't even need to be in my cabin. We love to wait in the solarium enjoying the relaxing music & sometimes catching a catnap since we were up so late the night before enjoying our last evening moments. I guess we will just ask for the last tag color. Sounds like it will make finding our luggage on the pier all that much easier and it may be the only pieces left!! Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. :)

[quote name='VaCruzers']I just noted the thread about how early one can get off the ship, but I sort of have the opposite situation. Our flight does not depart FLL until 5:50 PM. Assuming we want to arrive at the airport no later than 3:30, that still leaves quite a bit of time during the day. Since there are 4 of us, there will be several pieces of luggage to haul around. I'd sort of like to stay onboard as long as possible to minimize the wait at the airport time. Of course, if anyone has any ideas of how to kill the time, I'm open to suggestions. Just one thing....we will be arriving back in Miami on 12/24, Christmas Eve, so that could be a factor on what we could do. I'm sure traffic will be crazy and everyone will be zipping around doing their last minute chores before Christmas. Any ideas? Thanks for your help![/QUOTE]

We booked a late flight for our cruise back in February. We took a little trip to the Everglades. A bus picked us up, held all our luggage, then took us to the airport. The price was very reasonable and the Everglades trip was phenominal.

Archived