Are there sea sickness meds for toddlers?

AJI2596

Yep, you can buy Liquid Children's Dramamine and the side panel has dosing for ages 2-6. Benedryl can also be used. Check with your ped for dosing instructions for that one. Both of those may make the child very sleepy though. :(

It's nice when they hit age 6 and can be given Children's Bonine. You can give it after they get sick instead of having to dose them before the motion sickness begins.

But your tot is too young for that. :(

I saw some travel sickness lolly pops for toddlers called "Queasy Pop Kids!" they are on the website "Leaps and Bounds Kids" they are $12.95 for 21. kind of pricey buy I think maybe I might get them for my 4 yr old. There are 5 star reviews on it also.

I saw some travel sickness lolly pops for toddlers called "Queasy Pop Kids!" they are on the website "Leaps and Bounds Kids" they are $12.95 for 21. kind of pricey buy I think maybe I might get them for my 4 yr old. There are 5 star reviews on it also.

Would they be ginger pops? You might be able to save some money by getting something that's comparable. I remember the "preggo pops" were just ginger so maybe the kid pops are the same? :confused:

Would they be ginger pops? You might be able to save some money by getting something that's comparable. I remember the "preggo pops" were just ginger so maybe the kid pops are the same? :confused:

I dont think so.:confused: Below is directly from the sale ad.

Ease the quease" of traveling, with our yummy, all-natural motion sickness remedy! These lollipops are made from essential oils and naturally stomach-soothing flavors, so they prevent nausea without medication (no drowsiness, either!). Best of all, kids love the taste. Includes sour raspberry, green apple, sour lemon, peppermint, cinnamon, papaya, and natural cola.

• Also alleviates dry mouth and provides an energy boost
  • Soothes and distracts young travelers
  • Great for car, plane, and boat trips
  • How the flavors work...
    • Sour Raspberry, Green Apple, and Sour Lemon - tart tastes have long been known to calm upset stomachs
    • Peppermint and Cinnamon - mint settles the stomach and promotes relaxation
    • Papaya - used for centuries as a medicinal remedy for queasiness
    • Cola - has well-known nausea-fighting properties (and kids love the idea of cola lollipops!)

I dont think so.:confused: Below is directly from the sale ad.

Ease the quease" of traveling, with our yummy, all-natural motion sickness remedy! These lollipops are made from essential oils and naturally stomach-soothing flavors, so they prevent nausea without medication (no drowsiness, either!). Best of all, kids love the taste. Includes sour raspberry, green apple, sour lemon, peppermint, cinnamon, papaya, and natural cola.

• Also alleviates dry mouth and provides an energy boost
  • Soothes and distracts young travelers
  • Great for car, plane, and boat trips
  • How the flavors work...
    • Sour Raspberry, Green Apple, and Sour Lemon - tart tastes have long been known to calm upset stomachs
    • Peppermint and Cinnamon - mint settles the stomach and promotes relaxation
    • Papaya - used for centuries as a medicinal remedy for queasiness
    • Cola - has well-known nausea-fighting properties (and kids love the idea of cola lollipops!)

Ohhhhh I see. That looks like a great idea. Let us know if you get them and if they work. :)

• 1 month later...

We use Bonine. Silly me didn't check the label but my 4 year old did fine with half a pill. We can't do antihistimines (like Benedyrl) because of family allergies.

I have to add that my children are volcanos. They only have to look at a car to start thowing up. I've had to stop three times in a row on long trips to clean up as each one lost their cookies.

Apples don't fall far from trees. Look down and you'll see I've gone to Antarctica. I was sick as a dog crossing the Drake Passage. Dramine didn't touch it (stupidly, that was all I had with me). Fine once I was there but it was rough both ways. Small boat, rough seas...

Our cruise? Not a hint of a problem the kids...or me either. It was in the Med in summer so unless you think it'll be rough, you probably wont need anything.

Since I rather not use drowsy medicines for me or my child I have been reading about Ginger being a good way to keep motion sickness away.

I am going to go to a local health food store, or Central Market to pick up some "Minty Ginger" from Herbs for Kids. Here is their website.

http://www.herbsforkids.com/product.asp?productid=366

I had also read you could mix 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of powdered ginger (is this the same as ground ginger??) in hot water and sweeten it with sugar or honey and have the child sip it.

A friend of mine swears by ginger snaps (cookies). Their family going back 3 generations just look at a car and get motion sick so they pack the cookies for all of them and ginger ale and drive everywhere for vacation.

Archived