Conquest itinerary?

TnWildcat

The 1'st week of November is the earliest time I've read that ships might return to Grand Cayman. Since Carnival ships won't be stopping there for at least another month, you'd think that the cruise line would publish revised itineraries for the next few weeks. But, they haven't. :( Of coure, with all these hurricanes, Carnival's probably been a bit busy with other matters. :) I think the Conquest cruises since Ivan have added an extra day at sea.

TnWildcat....

I am on the 10-10-04 Conquest cruise also.... and was wondering the same about GC. I actually sent an email to Carnival asking if there was a possibility of another port or even spending an extra day at one port. I was sent a standard reply. Basically.........."no" was my take on the reply. So I am just going to make the best of it and have fun on the ship. Hope you have fun also!

There have been several CCers that have been told by Carnival or their TA's that they would be going to the Cayman islands "this week" only to come back disappointed because they didn't get to go. :( I think the standard "you'll probably go" speech is a must for the TA's to keep from having absolute pandemonium break out amongst the cruisers. They don't want anyone to cancel their cruises and certainly don't want anyone to get angry about only getting two ports of call instead of 3 on these week long cruises like the Conquest. Though, a Caymanian cruise excursion company has posted a thread in the Cayman Island section of the boards that it will be close to November (if we're really lucky) before the cruise ships can come back. So I think Ninaco is probably correct in her November 1st comment. I seriously doubt that the Conquest will be going to the Cayman Islands this week, Scantrelle, but we can always hope can't we?:) If they are going there this week then it means they weren't hit near as bad as we all thought. Or the TA was just giving the standard "you'll probably go" speech to keep the peace, which is my guess.

Anyway, I've read some very recent Conquest reviews that said that even though they missed the Cayman islands, everyone got a $25 credit on their S&S card. Plus, they stayed several hours longer in each port.:D They said they went sightseeing all day, had time to rest in their cabin, eat, and then go in town and do some shopping later. So the extra time in port was really enjoyed and they didn't feel rushed. I don't think they've added another port because most of them are full and can only allow so many ships at a time. The ports are especially full with a terrible hurricane season with tons of damage and changed itineraries everywhere. Lots of ships are looking for port changes right now, some are even having to change ALL of their ports. So the ports may be so overloaded that there's nowhere else for the Conquest to go.

Anyway, I'll do like Slucca said and make the best of it regardless of what happens.:)

My TA knows better than to give me the standard line. Not only is he my TA but over the years has become a personal friend also. So when he said we will NOT be going to GC on on Oct 3 Conquest cruise I believe him. He said it will probably be at least 3 weeks or maybe longer before the Carnival ships start going back to GC.

We just got back from our cruise on the Conquest. It was wonderful. We did not get to go to the Caymans. We had an at sea day and loved it. We were told by crew on the boat that it woulld probably be the first of the year before anyone went to the cayman's but I don't know. Good luck to everyone and no matter what, you will love the conquest.

Suzanne in TN

Know someone who works at embarkation desk in N.O. Saw copy of the letter being given to all cruise passengers. The whole month of October is not going to Cayman. Another day at sea and extra time in the other 2 ports.

We just returned from our Conquest cruise. (10-3 end date)

We were told up until cruise day that Grand Cayman was still a port stop.

At embarktion, we were given the updated schedule.

Tuesday at Mobay, with about a 3 hour extension of time. (about 10 hours total)

Wednesday at sea. (No Grand Cayman, so a $25 per person credit)

Thursday in Cozumel, as originally scheduled.

I don't understand why Carnival is so misleading on the port question.

Perhaps trying to cover so Grand cayman won't lose popularity as a destination,

or maybe to allow future flexability in scheduling.

Hope this helps

Archived