Galveston rental car drop off from Hobby

Pumbaamd

Just curious what # people called to get their Enterprise rental? I called the one way rental # for Texas and she told me they will not accept the car on Sunday because they don't have access to the port. I explained I didn't want to drop it off at the port, I wanted to drop it off at the office on Broadway. She said they don't have a drop box there. I told her that people online just this week were able to make this reservation, and she said that it's impossible. Then I called the 800# and talked to someone who said I would have to pay for two days plus the $60 one way fee, so an intermediate after taxes was $128. But then he said since the office wasn't open on Sunday in Galveston it didn't matter because I couldn't drop it off there anyway.

I called the office at the airport directly , they told me the rental is considered a local use not a one way rental that will save you the one way rental fee .

hertz considers the rental as a local use also . you can look up the local phone #s from the rental car websights .

our cruse was from the 23rd to the 30th of March .

Just curious what # people called to get their Enterprise rental? I called the one way rental # for Texas and she told me they will not accept the car on Sunday because they don't have access to the port. I explained I didn't want to drop it off at the port, I wanted to drop it off at the office on Broadway. She said they don't have a drop box there. I told her that people online just this week were able to make this reservation, and she said that it's impossible. Then I called the 800# and talked to someone who said I would have to pay for two days plus the $60 one way fee, so an intermediate after taxes was $128. But then he said since the office wasn't open on Sunday in Galveston it didn't matter because I couldn't drop it off there anyway.

The 1-800 number also told me that there was no drop box at the Broadway location but I called the location itself on Broadway and they confirmed that they DO have a drop box.;)

Hi, With your Enterprise rental did you pick up at IAH airport and drop off the car in Galveston? Were they open when you returned the car? I know if they are closed you can still drop off Sun but will be charged till Monday. No problem with such low rates. Also did you rent an economy or a higher priced car for $54.00. We have an economy for $31.00 with our discounts. Sorry for so many ??? but a few of us on the Voyager 4/27/08 are still looking for a way to get from the airport to the pier. I already have Enterprise but it seems some think the price, with no drop-off fee is a mistake. :confused: I was happy to hear you had about the same deal and everything went smooth which means our deal was not mistake. Would you mind if I copied your reply (if you reply) and pasted it to the Voyager site for the rest of the CC looking for cheap transportation to the pier. Your recent experience will assure them and they should then feel safe booking with Enterprise. Thanks, Jean

BE careful with IAH as they are a bit shady. When I went to pick up my car this morning they told me that there was a $60drop off fee. I said NO I have my printout of my reservation and it clearly shows that there is no drop off fee. She then said that it was in the notes on my reservation and also said that I was told about the drop off fee at the time I made the reservation.

I explained that I was NEVER told of a drop off fee and cannot understand why the notes indicated this. Then she gave me the name and the agent number of the lady who had made the notes and I informed her that it was a MAN that I made the reservation with. It was obviously an agent in their office who made the notes but never informed me of any such fee. Very bad business practices in my book. She then called her manager who refused to remove the drop off fee. I showed her my paperwork again and pointed out yet again where it showed the total for my reservation and the lack of a charge for a drop fee or a note about it. The manager would not budge.

I called the 1-800 number and explained the situation to the agent. She explained that they had just started the Nationwide one way rental program at this location as of last Wednesday and that there had been a mistake made. She then said that she could not do anything but would transfer me to someone else who would be able to help me.

I spoke to supervisor Dan who was very friendly and helpful. He said that he could clearly see that I was quoted a rate that did not include a drop fee and asked me to pass my cell to the agent at the Enterprise desk. I did and he spoke to her and then the manager and instructed them to charge me what I was quoted. So in the end it all worked out thanks to supervisor DAN at the 1-800 number who made things Right!:)

Long story short--- bring all your paperwork with you concerning your Enterprise rental and if you run into trouble than call the 1-800 number and they will make it right.

• 4 weeks later...

I promised I would let you all know how my car rental with Enterprise turned out.

When I called their office at Bush airport. They quoted me a rate of $23.50 for one day, with no drop-off fee to turn the car in at their Galveston office. This sounded too good to be true, and it was. When I arrived at the airport they tried to charge me the drop-off fee. I told them that was not in their original quote, so they dropped it.

I used the car on the Saturday we arrived, and the next morning, and parked the car in their parking lot and put the key in the drop box because their office is closed on Sunday.

When I got my credit card statement, I was charged $47.00 (obviously two days rental). When I originally talked to them, they specifically told me I would only be charged for one day.

I am not going to contest this charge, because it was cheaper than a Hertz rental, and it was a real deal compared to taking a shuttle.

To echo one of the previous posts: Make sure that you pin Enterprise down on their quote, and get everything in writing.

Leigh

Archived