Leaving ship early before cruise ends

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can get off the ship before the end of the cruise at a port that is one before the disembarkation port city?

I am considering the Azamara cruise that stops in Alexandria, one port before my disembarkation port city of Athens. I would like to do a few days in Egypt, including a Nile cruise to Luxor before flying home to the US. The Grand Princess does a similar itinerary but end in Rome, so I would like to do the same thing if we should choose this ship.

Any info or tips on this matter would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Twee

I don't have any experience with this and you pose a good questions. We were about ready to do it on a previous cruise, but decided against it, just because!!! I don't see how they could stop you. Call the cruise line and find out.

You must have written permission from head office. Certain international regulations apply and the cruise ship is bound to enforce them. If you can get off in Alexandria you will likely need a visitor visa since the ship visa is aan in transit visa. My experience with this was in BA where we stayed off the ship during the overnight stay. We needed written permission from HAL's Seattle head office. in any event you will need to consult the cruise line directly.

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can get off the ship before the end of the cruise at a port that is one before the disembarkation port city?

I am considering the Azamara cruise that stops in Alexandria, one port before my disembarkation port city of Athens. I would like to do a few days in Egypt, including a Nile cruise to Luxor before flying home to the US. The Grand Princess does a similar itinerary but end in Rome, so I would like to do the same thing if we should choose this ship.

Any info or tips on this matter would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Twee

Last August we left our cruise two days early in Copenhagen without prior notice. In our case we just had to provide our passports in 24 hours in advance for customs and immigration clearance.

That said I would suggust as others have that you contact the cuise line's head office before you leave and confirm that this is possible. Especially due to the fact that you would be disembarking in a Visa required port (ours was not)

Archived