survey after payment on upgrades?

musicgirl63

I just made my final payment and a survey about upgrades popped up. Question:

-It asked how much would I pay for an upgrade per person in the suites or villas.

-It asked if I would allow them to automatically charge my credit card before consulting me.

-It asked if I didn't want them to automatically charge it, what was the reason.

I'm in a BA. The only rooms left as of now are AF, AC , AA and A1. I'll take the upgrade for A1!!!

Anyways I didn't want them to upgrade me automatically because being the cheapskate that I am, I only put $400 per person and if they automatically upgraded me to an AF, that wouldn't make sense since right now an AF is only around $300 per person. I really didn't know if they considered a mini-suite as a "SUITE".

For anyone who has done this survery AND gotten the upgrade:

-How much did you put per person?

-Did you allow them to automatically upgrade you and charge your credit card or did you say no and give them the reason.

Thanks, I guess just a little dreaming going on but that's part of the whole planning of a vacation for me. It's like playing the lottery, I can dream of everything I would do until the number is pulled. So far the lottery has been only dreaming!

Have never seen or heard of this survey before. Could it be part of the new freestye 2.0 marketing campaign?

Some people this week are also mentioning getting a different pre-cruise survey asking about various likes/dislikes/expectations/priorities.

Maybe someone else has received one like yours?

Most cruise ships sell out the top categories (Suites & Villas) and the bottom (lowest priced) categories first. That often leaves the cruise line the middle of the ship to fill. As it gets closer to final payment or sailing they often "upgrade" people to open up the least expensive cabins again for sale. They want people on the ships...that is where they make their money.

Maybe they have decided to test the water to see how people would pay for an upgrade rather than giving complimentary upgrades. If I'm willing to pay $400pp and the next guy is willing to pay $100pp, who do you think they're going to offer the upgrade to first?

It is all about increasing revenue...:)

Most cruise ships fill up from the top (suites & Villas) and the bottom (the lowest possible category). That often leave them the middle of the ship to fill. As it gts closer they often "upgrade" people to open up the least expensive cabins again.

Maybe they have decided to test the water to see how people would pay for an upgrade rather than giving complimentary upgrades. If I'm willing to pay $400pp and the next guy is willing to pay $100pp, who do you think they're going to offer the upgrade to first?

It is all about increasing revenue...:)

What sort of idiot would say yes to "automatically charge me without consulting me first?" How can you agree to buy something when you don't know what you are buying or how much it costs? It takes an idiot to create a survey like that!

If they were a bit more specific about what you will get in the upgrade.

For instance I'm in a BA room.

Offered as possible upgrades were AF, AC, AA and A1

Put next to each one an amount and whether or not you would automatically upgrade.

Hey, if they want to automatically upgrade me from BA to A1 for $400 per person, they can go right ahead!!!

It sounds like instead of randomly picking people for discounted upgrades and then having them bargain, this will give them a list of how much and they can figure out who will give them the most money.

I don't know if I like that. I've heard of some really great deals lately.

Archived