Water Proof

okie-dolphin

I am interested in advice on the best way to prep for days off-the-boat on excursions or otherwise visiting ports-of-call where there is a potential of getting in the water. I keep thinking that a lot of ziplock bags are in order. Likewise, what is the best way of securing cash and/or credit cards when a visit to a port of call involves snorkeling or other water activities may require you to separate from your valuables? Does anyone have a recipe for the ideal "toolkit' to best manage this?

I use an Aquapac key master when participating in water activities like snorkeling. Aquapac makes waterproof cases of all sizes but I like the key master because it has a cord to hang aroung my neck and is just big enough to hold the essentials - my ship card, license, credit card and some cash.

I believe that I bought mine at waterproofcases.net, but you should be able to find it using any search engine.

We use the same type thing (that we actually got at Six Flags) for water sports and bring just a copy of our passports in case we get stranded. We all have good amphibious shoes that we wear so that we don't have to carry extra shoes for water but are comfortable for walking on shore also. We usually book our excursions privately and try to have them paid in advance so we need less cash with us. DH and I each carry a credit card in case one gets de-magnitized or lost.

Hmmm--I guess that's about all.

Have fun!

Archived