Book through Carnival or on my own?

trevette1981

Assuming you're talking about airfare. In almost all cases [there are exceptions] it's usually much cheaper to do it yourself. Requires you to do some extra work--dealing with an airline--on your own

Check out the fares on your own that run from ATL to MIA and see what they're running.

I couldn't find anything that beat Carnival's price for our San Juan flight. Now I'm looking at air to Tampa and I've been able to beat Carnival by about $50 pp even with prices going up.

If you feel comfortable booking on your own; try it out. If you'd rather let Carnival take care of it, keep in mind that you do not get to choose your airline or departure/arrival times. You can if you pay a deviation fee, but even then it might not be 100% to your liking.

We just booked a new cruise this past week and the fly aweigh program was much cheaper (even now) than we could get on our own, so I went for it. It's a toss up as far as what my flights will be, but heck, I'm on vacation and that's all that really counts! If you are concerned about flight costs, go to one of those travel sites (it's against the rules to mention any by name) and check out what you could book it for yourself and compare to what Carnival wants. Have a great trip!

Archived