How much to tip on Silver Moon

butterfly2

On the Silver Moon you have a crew of 2 and a max of 12 passengers. The on board service is very good, from the drinks served, meals, snorkeling guide, etc. I'd guess people will tip anywhere from a couple dollars per person to over 20/pp. But tipping is a very personal decision based on your preference and the service you receive. Myself, I think with a low ratio like that (as opposed to a bus full of 60 people with one guide) a tip of 10 to 20% of the excursion price is appropriate given the level of service provided. I'd suggest budgeting for that and making your own personal decision at the end of your trip based on your experience.

We tipped $50.00 for the three of us. It was my husband, myself and daughter.

I alway have a tough time trying to decide what is an appropriate tip. I have seen (as far as I know) some people leaving without tipping.

It seems to me that a tip is something that you decide on after you have received the service... I can understand planning for a tip - maybe from 10% to 20% of the cost of the tour. But, in the end, I make the decision what to tip after the experience. If the service has been wonderful and the experience has exceeded my expectations, then I tend to tip more. If it was just OK, I still usually tip about 10%.

The whole tipping thing is really a personal choice.

there happen to only be 7 people on our tour...By far it wa the best tour we had ever been on. One of the tour guides took me and another person to his favorite snorkeling spot:) ....It was the time of my life and something that I will never ever forget.

Their food was nothing but fabulous, the drinks were the best, they were so friendly and helpful.

We tipped them 40.00 for the two of us.

We will for sure book the Silver Moon 1 or 2 when we return to the Caribbean.

Archived