World Club membership: UK versus US.

RobertGraves

Hello Cunard friends,

We are World Club Gold members. We have booked our previous Cunard cruises through the UK Cunard branch, but we booked our forthcoming one through a US agency.

Our World Club numbers are not showing up in our Voyage Personalizer.

Does this rather perplexed situation (good grief) mean that we incur the danger not to be recognized as Gold members in our cruise?

You will probably get a red card on boarding. You'll need to go to the Cruise Sales people to update your onboard record, and then to the Purser to get the gold card.The only danger is if you're platinum or diamond and seeking the boarding privileges.

I don't care so much about the boarding privileges (even if I have heard horror stories by friends who travelled to the Caribbean:D ).

Nor do I care about the welcome champagne - I rarely drink alcohol-, but my partner loves it, and I would not like to see her disappointed.

But eight hours of internet connection (four+four, or is it only two hours per Gold member?) would be a welcomed perk.:)

But eight hours of internet connection (four+four, or is it only two hours per Gold member?) would be a welcomed perk.:)

It's only two hours per Gold, here is the handout I got In January.

Paul

The best thing to do is to telephone the World Club desk in Southampton. I originally received a temporary Platinum card that way and, when I next boarded, I was given a diamond card. as my room key ,on the QV. Since then I have received a proper Diamond card. The story normally goes that the cards have been sent from LAQ but no-one seems to receive them Things should improve for us when the office returns to Southampton.

The numbers were changed at one time but mine now begins CURC and it is has been that for a long time. I think you keep the same number whatever grade you are.

Maureen

I checked my voyage history recently and found out l was booked on the Valpriso to Sydney section of the QE2 world cruise, and its still showing as part of my history. They even sent the excursions brochure and full passenger information sheets, all that was missing was a cabin number

Now lf that counts towards my benefits l should be Diamond now:)

cheers

Myles

Thank you all for your replies!

My Member Profile shows my past cruises, those booked through Cunard UK. But it does not show my forthcoming cruise, that booked through Cunard US.:eek: :D

Tomorrow (GMT) I shall call Southampton, and accordingly later Valencia. I shall let you know what happens.

Today I tried to call the UK offices, but for some unidentified reasons the telephones seemed to be all day busy (it has happened in the past, too...).:confused:

Eventually I was able to contact only the US offices. They told me that they didn't have access to the UK World Club archives and asked me to fax them the details of our previous cruises. I keep detailed archives of my holidays, but I could never imagine that they would be useful for such a reason!

What impressed me to a degree was that they welcomed photos showing us on board...

The ladies on phone were very kind, and they told me that they would mark my request as 'urgent', to be processed before our departure next week.

I hope everything goes right. Again, thank you all for your help!:)

Archived