weather in June to alaska

calgarycowtown

I have been there in July -- Jeneau and the glaciers. I never wanted to wear shorts --- fleece was most comfortable outside for me. When the ship is moving, there is always wind and wind chill effect.

Check online weather averages for a nearby city for more information.

here is one:

http://www.wunderground.com/NORMS/DisplayNORMS.asp?AirportCode=PAJN&SafeCityName=Juneau&StateCode=AK&Units=none&IATA=JNU

We never wore shorts on our June 1st cruise in Alaska. It was pretty chilly. On deck we generally wore pants and a jacket. On glacier day, we work hats, gloves,and blankets. My son got into the pool once, but not too many people did that. It was windy also. On the day we were in Ketchikan it was pretty nice and we did not need our coats, but we were still in pants.

We went in early June '06 and, according to everyone, had unbelievably good weather. I wore shorts on a few occasions but there were also times when I needed a jacket. Have a great time on your cruise. :)

Was in Alaska in July '05 (RCCL Serrenade) and in Aug '06 for business, never wore shorts on the cruise - too cool around the deck (and I like it cold). On my balcony for a little while it was tollerable (I brought them anyway, just to wear around the inside of the ship), and when I was there in '06 it was too rainy and wet to get away with shorts.

Hope that helps!

I also did the Alaska cruise in late July / early August (RCCL Vision ots) can't recall wearing shorts at all. That ship had an indoor pool so you might want to think about that, not to mention hot tubs.

Be sure to bring s couple pairs of hiking boots. That way if one pair get wet on a shore excursion, you'll have another pair to wear while they dry.

Wait a minute... you're from Calgary? Hmmmm.... I would guess Alaska in June is like Calgary in.... April?

Calgary is a paradise right now - try us actually now in fort mcmurray -23,but it is sunny

except that old thing about the dry winter vs wet

i do think for being outside snow does beat rain

hot tubs sounds like the only place for bathers, and perhaps indoor pools

We were there in June a couple years ago. Beautiful warm, sunny weather. In the ports many were wearing shorts. I didn't pack any, but did wear capri's and t-shirts. Ports were mid 70's. Never rained once!! On the ship, it was cool or even cold. Wore our jackets if on our balcony or on deck. But, I hear it can be cold and rainy or nice like we had it. Pack for everything! lol

Archived