Tampa Airport Question

krissy72

This question is for anyone that has flown out of Tampa Airport. I am flying Airtran home after my cruise. I just got an email today from Airtran letting me know that they have changed my take off time. It is now 1/2 hour earlier. My cruise ends and I am flying home 8/24/08 so I am still a long way off but this is the second change in 1 month time. My question is how long does it take, typically, to get through security at TPA? I have flown out of JFK, LAX, Newburgh and Honolulu and it was never anything worse than taking off my shoes. I know some airports are tougher though.

Can anyone tell me what Tampa security is like? If this change in itinerary sticks, I will be cutting it real close.

it really isn't bad......i got through quick....much better than.say MIA!!!(and JFK!)

now...since THEY changed you...twice you said??? call them and tell them you are getting off a ship and that new time isn't acceptable....and to please put you on xyz flight....go on their site and see what flights leave after you, then tell THEM what you want....THEY changed YOU thus, YOU can tell THEM to change YOU to a time convenient for you....and no other cost!!!

hth....good luck!

At TIA they use trams running from the main terminal building to the various airsides and each airside has it's own security point after you get off the tram so there are generally no really large lines or backups. We fly in and out of Tampa quite a bit and have never encountered a wait longer than 10 minutes or so.......:)

Thank you both for your input. I think we have decided to wait and see if the time changes back since Airtran seems eager to change flight schedules so often. If it doesn't change by June I think I will have to go with a later flight. Think I can make it off the Legend and to the airport by 10:46 am if I have Carnival take my luggage and print my boarding pass? Boy, that's close.

Archived