3 day repo....AF or BD GTE? Which would YOU book?

SakeDad

So I'm taking my mom on the 3 day repo but have never been on NCL. We had a Jr Suite 3 day on RCCL, then we had a nice real suite on HAL to Alaska. I'm wondering if the $120+ difference is worth it for BD GTE (maybe a free upgrade?) for an AF cabin that is avail for pre-assignment. I don't need to book until Monday so I hope you all can help. We'll enjoy the balcony for sunsets but as we only have 3 days for such a big ship I'm sure we'll be out of the cabin most of the trip. Are there any other reasons, extra attention, etc...for choosing the AF over a regular balcony for 3 days?

So I'm taking my mom on the 3 day repo but have never been on NCL. We had a Jr Suite 3 day on RCCL, then we had a nice real suite on HAL to Alaska. I'm wondering if the $120+ difference is worth it for BD GTE (maybe a free upgrade?) for an AF cabin that is avail for pre-assignment. I don't need to book until Monday so I hope you all can help. We'll enjoy the balcony for sunsets but as we only have 3 days for such a big ship I'm sure we'll be out of the cabin most of the trip. Are there any other reasons, extra attention, etc...for choosing the AF over a regular balcony for 3 days?

It might help us all if you let us know which ship you are planning to be on?

Hi Freestyle, I'm on that sailing with a dear friend celebrating her good health! I did the same cruise last year with my husband in a guarantee mini suite. We opted for a balcony this time since it's just we two girls! My husband and I were a bit disappointed in the mini since there were NO perks (there had been in the past!). It's still a nicer bathroom, but we had a balcony on the Star before and it was just fine!

We didn't get an upgrade from our guarantee mini, but a LOT of people got upgrades to the mini's from what I heard!

We just LOVE the Star! Have been on her to Hawaii, Mexico and the repo! Such a nice ship and crew! Hope to see you on board!

Hi Freestyle, I'm on that sailing with a dear friend celebrating her good health! I did the same cruise last year with my husband in a guarantee mini suite. We opted for a balcony this time since it's just we two girls! My husband and I were a bit disappointed in the mini since there were NO perks (there had been in the past!). It's still a nicer bathroom, but we had a balcony on the Star before and it was just fine!

We didn't get an upgrade from our guarantee mini, but a LOT of people got upgrades to the mini's from what I heard!

We just LOVE the Star! Have been on her to Hawaii, Mexico and the repo! Such a nice ship and crew! Hope to see you on board!

I agree with you on the downgrade on the perks in the mini-suites now. For the money a BA is better than an AF/AE on the Star now - what do you get for the extra money except for a bathtub and a larger couch - not much.

The Star is a great ship - will be on her twice this year. Was on her twice before. She isn't showing age yet - hard to believe she was lauched 7 years ago!

SakeDad and Freestyler...sorry I got you two mixed up! Anyway, the meaning of my post was still the same:o !

SakeDad, I just looked at some of your China photos and book marked them for later. They are fantastic! My husband might have business there soon, and this will give him a great perspective! I might just have to go too!!!!

China was AMAZING! Glad you enjoyed the pics...that's my passion.

As for the cruise I have decided to book a BA Aft as they are avaiable on deck 8 & 9 (going for 9....hoping 10 becomes available later) since it will have a bigger balcony for less money!!:D Also, since it's just a repo watching the wake in the ocean and leaving the door open at night to hear it will be GREAT!

Thanks for all your help.....Mom will love this trip too!:)

Join our roll call (not a really exciting one, I have to admit:rolleyes: ) but we have met some great cruisers from CC in the past! Let me know if you and your mom would like to meet for a drink (or murder mystery dinner if they have one again this year.....LOVED it!).

Nanette

Archived