Question for Conquest Lovers

arf2005

I have a large group booked on the Conquest New Year's Eve cruise this year and as you might imagine, we are paying more for this cruise than any other we've taken. We decided to do this cruise, in part, because we understood the ship was being drydocked in the fall and would have all the upgraded ammenities - thus perhaps worth (at least a little) of the higher cost. Now we hear the ship is not being drydocked until 2 weeks after our cruise!

Could some of you who know this ship well - and perhaps have sailed on other just renovated ships give me your views on whether we should cancel or perhaps move to a different ship? I guess this wouldn't be as big a deal to us if (1) we hadn't had the same thing happen to us last year with the Victory and (2) we are paying a premimum amount to sail on a ship that will (two weeks later) be refreshed with all the new ammenities.

Just curious as to your thoughts - especially those of you who know the Conquest well. Thanks in advance!

a cruise is a cruise and the conquest is the ONLY ship i've been on, and my favorite. LOL But I will say that when we were on her in February she is showing her wear and tear. She is ripe and ready for her makeover. Me personally, being frugal, I'd try to switch times and cruise after the drydock, if possible. Hopeing for a cheaper rate.

I was on the Conquest three weeks ago for the third time and I still had a very enjoyable vacation inspite of the ship being six years old. That being said, I'm not sure I would pay a premium going on a New Years' Sailing when there are so many newer ships out there. If it were me, I would go on it early December or after it comes out of drydock.

I thought I read on here that she is going in for drydock sometime in September/October?? Is she going in Sept/Oct and January, or was the earlier dry dock moved to January?

We are sailing on her early December, '08. My friends just got off her about 2 weeks ago and said she is still as wonderful as they remember from 3 years ago, albeit a little older, but wonderful just the same. They said they have never had a better staff than the Conquest and they have sailed A LOT! I am not going to worry about it, but I am curious about the different times I read about her going in for upgrades.

Thanks.

We just got off a couple of weeks ago. The Conquest was in great shape and very clean. The crew is constatly cleaning day and night. We saw them roping off small areas of the deck on port days to repaint them.

If Conquest didn't have tube TV's, you would not be able to tell it is 6 years old.

It was to be drydocked in Sep but they pushed it back to Jan.I haved sailed on her two times and booked for Halloween thinking it would be almost like new for that cruise buttttttttttttt oh well i will sail on her and love it.I did notice wear and tear on her on are last cruise. But nothing that would keep me from sailing on her this Oct have even booked for 09.;)

Archived