Whale watch companies

tayl

Has anyone heard of "adventures in alaska"? They seem like a good company (8-12 people,capt. Jack) They've raised their price (not yet reflected on their site). They are aprox.$23.00 more than Harv and Marv(6 people).

Just wondering if there are differences? Do they all go to the same places? Any reason for this type of price difference?

Does the service differ that much?

I'm not familiar with this company, but can answer one of your questions - yes, they basicly all communicate with one another and go where the whales are spotted. We had a great trip with Orca Ent - larger boat, but plenty of room to move around and not NEARLY as crowded as the boats the cruise ships use. We could view from inside or outside, or upper deck. Harv & Marv get equal praises in this forum.

We had a great trip with Orca Ent - larger boat, but plenty of room to move around and not NEARLY as crowded as the boats the cruise ships use. We could view from inside or outside, or upper deck.

We used Orca Enterprises with Captain Larry last May. It was AMAZING!

Here's their website- http://www.orcaenterprises.com/

Here's a link to my personal pictures of the trip. Pages 7 through 9 are when I was with orca enterprises.

http://family.webshots.com/album/559206291xwdGiI?vhost=family&start=72

Has anyone heard of "adventures in alaska"? They seem like a good company (8-12 people,capt. Jack) They've raised their price (not yet reflected on their site). They are aprox.$23.00 more than Harv and Marv(6 people).

Just wondering if there are differences? Do they all go to the same places? Any reason for this type of price difference?

We have a whale watch booked with Capt Jack..There will be 6 of us in our group..Capt Jack and his Daughter have been very prompt with emails and returning phone calls...We cannot wait!

Kelly

My party of 6 also booked with Captian Jack in June. Sounds like a good pirate name so I think it will be fun.;)

Yeah my thoughts also...If you have watched the Alaska Special that Jeff Corwin did last year this was the company they hired for their whale watching and I believe fishing adventure..

Kelly

I have read a few good things, nothing bad, on this site about Captain Jack. Apparantly Harv and Marv were relatively unheard of until someone starting singing their praises on this board. Now they are very well known. Many on this board have mentioned that Harv and Marv are booked already for some dates this summer. Seems like Harv and Marv and Orca get the most press on this site. Captain Jack is making inroads. We had booked with Harv and Marv, but ended up switching to the Tracy Arm cruise with Adventure Bound. Just can't do it all!!! Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Archived