Temp in April out of NY on Cruise to Nowhere

lovn2liv

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone give me your best estimate as to what the temps are typically like around NY in mid April on the Atlantic? I would suspect it will be quite chilly...being around 50 or so...but haven't anything to back that up.

Not sure what I should be packing for clothes and what to expect this time of year.

Thank you for any assistance that you can give me.

It is just 2 days, can't imagine them sailing too far south, but really don't have a clue as to what to pack.

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone give me your best estimate as to what the temps are typically like around NY in mid April on the Atlantic? I would suspect it will be quite chilly...being around 50 or so...but haven't anything to back that up.

Not sure what I should be packing for clothes and what to expect this time of year.

Thank you for any assistance that you can give me.

It is just 2 days, can't imagine them sailing too far south, but really don't have a clue as to what to pack.

Hi, we are also on this cruise!!

I have sailed out of New York in April before and by the next day the weather is warm. HOWEVER, it was a Southern cruise.

Great site....thank you for that.

It seems in the past 5 years we have a range between 51 - 78 degrees...at least in NY. So clothing will be nothing like I'm use to when cruising.

Thanks for your help....

For anyone else that has cruised this timeframe in the past....what should I expect to see the majority wearing on this 2 day cruise to nowhere?

I guess warm spring-link attire, with a coat ready to be thrown on and warm fuzzy socks.

I've sailed out of NYC two years in a row (about to be 3:D ) In April 06 kids were swimming in the pool and some adults were in the hot tubs. In April 07 it SNOWED:eek: .

Thank you. Let's hope it will be more like 2004...where it was 78 degrees. I can only imagine the kids were swimming in cold weather. Kids know how to have a good time and seize the day and the moment.

We went to Florida in January 06, and all my 7 year old talked about was getting to Disney and swimming in the pool as soon as we got there. Well it was 56 degrees at 9:30 at night when we finally arrived...due to snow delays, and low and behold, she was swimming in those pools. They were heated. People walked by and laughed and said, you all must be from the Northeast. You betcha.

Thank you so much.

Archived