snorkel - Roatan or Belize?

Ms_Pammy

Hi All,

Any suggestions which is the better place to snorkel at?

Thanks so much

Hi,

They're both good ports but if I were to choose it would probably be Roatan as there really isn't that much to do on the island. In Belize I'd visit a Mayan ruin or do the cave rafting (both very good). In Roatan I snorkeled at Anthony's Key Resort on the west side of the island, about 20 minutes from port. You can go to the ports threads to get more detailed information on the island.

Randall

Hi,

They're both good ports but if I were to choose it would probably be Roatan as there really isn't that much to do on the island. In Belize I'd visit a Mayan ruin or do the cave rafting (both very good). .....

Randall

iagree.gif

Snorkel Roatan

Mayan Ruins Belize

I agree that there is more to do in Belize than Roatan, but I think Belize snorkeling is the best by far! I would suggest going to either Caye Caulker or Ambergris Caye (both can be reacher by ferry) and go out to snorkel on the reef with one of the companies. I have been snorkeliing for years and I am a relatively new scuba diver and doing BOTH in Belize just took my breath away. The water is so clear you can see for miles, and the fish and beautiful coral start at about 10 ft. deep. :cool:

Just my opinion. Good luck and enjoy! :D

Tracey

Archived