What happend on the Conquest

captswanson

Last night I heard the Coast Guard telling the Conquest the chopper would be on station in about 40 minutes. I was to far from the Conquest to hear them answer the Coast Guard. Does anyone know what happend?

I can't imagine, but I'm surprised that they would still be in range of the US Coast Guard. They've been under way since 4:30pm on Sunday you would think that they would be almost out of the Gulf by now.

They are suppose to be at sea today and MoBay on Wednesday

It's not that unusual for a helicopter to pick up a sick passenger or crew member. I've seen it on several of my cruises.

When you have 3,000 in one place for a week, it seems expected that someone would get seriously ill enough once in a while to require shore medical treatment. 23 ships x 3,000 = 69,000 passengers in a week. The odds get even greater.......

True,

But the Coast Guard does not charge for their services if they are the ones to come get you.

It can still be expensive even if you do have insurance! I hope that it turns out to be nothing and everyone is okay.

I can't imagine, but I'm surprised that they would still be in range of the US Coast Guard. They've been under way since 4:30pm on Sunday you would think that they would be almost out of the Gulf by now.

They are suppose to be at sea today and MoBay on Wednesday

The US Coast Guard is actually pretty close to Montego Bay. One of my best friends is in the CG and is stationed at GitMo. We joked when we were on the Conquest in December that he should jump on a jet ski and come see us in Mo Bay. If I remember correctly, it's right around 200 miles from Guantanamo Bay to Motego Bay as the crow flies.

True,

But the Coast Guard does not charge for their services if they are the ones to come get you.

Actually, that has changed according to the Passengers Service Director on our cruise last month...evidently you DO get billed for evac flights now by the Coast Guard...but it sure beats being that ill and without options.

I believe he said between $5-6K.

Last night I heard the Coast Guard telling the Conquest the chopper would be on station in about 40 minutes. I was to far from the Conquest to hear them answer the Coast Guard. Does anyone know what happend?

Come cruise w/me again soon...judi

Archived