Alcohol

CCSSDRC

From NCL's website....

You can bring wine and there is a $15. corkage fee per bottle.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=FAQ#cantbring

What can't I bring onboard?

Passenger is not allowed to bring on board the vessel without the previous written permission of the Carrier any intoxicating liquors, or beverages, firearms, weapons of any kind, ammunition, explosive substances or any goods of a dangerous nature, nor animals of any kind, except service or guide animals, provided the passenger notifies Carrier prior to the cruise of his intention to bring such animal and agrees to take sole responsibility for any expense, damage, injuries or losses associated with or caused by such animal

NCL will allow you to bring on wine, but you will have to pay a $15 per 750ml bottle corking fee whether you drink it in your cabin or the dining rooms etc.

Other booze is thoroughly checked when boarding and is confiscated until the last night of the cruise, just as if you had purchased it onboard. If you try to "smuggle" it on, you may be called to the "naughty room" for inspection of your checked baggage.

You can order a bar set up through your ship's coordinator, however. Prices start at $40 a liter.

Between the NCL credit card offer and optional formal night I feel compelled to give NCL a try.

I don't think you'd be disappointed in giving NCL a try regardless of their $15 corkage fee for bringing on your own wine. In other words, I hope that won't stop you.:) I think out of all the cruise lines, NCL offers a major difference between them in their freestyle dining and resort casual dress code. The other lines are now trying variations of it, because it is quite appealing. I am actually considering a Princess cruise for this year because of its itinerary and the fact that at least they have alternative dining, my first choice is always freestyle but at least with Princess I would be able to get a variation of it.:)

NCL will allow you to bring on wine, but you will have to pay a $15 per 750ml bottle corking fee whether you drink it in your cabin or the dining rooms etc.

Other booze is thoroughly checked when boarding and is confiscated until the last night of the cruise, just as if you had purchased it onboard. If you try to "smuggle" it on, you may be called to the "naughty room" for inspection of your checked baggage.

You can order a bar set up through your ship's coordinator, however. Prices start at $40 a liter.

they charge the same $15 for a 1.5 liter as a 750 liter or they always have charged us the same.

The liqour policy, like falshdog is mentioning, is rather strict, but at lease you can get a bar set up, compared to Princess that doesn't offer them anymore. I know, they do have the little .375 bottles you can order prior to sailing starting at $19. That about offsets the $15 corkage fee NCL charges for wine. Every line is finding a way to get their money now days. I don't blame them, just making a statement.

Nita

I guess this is a dumb question, but here it goes. If you bring wine onboard and pay the corkage fee can you take the bottle to dinner???

Yes you can. They will also store it for you if you like and serve it with dinner. We took a couple bottles of champagne once, had one with dinner one night, and the other we had them deliver with orange juice for making mimosa's while packing on the last sea day.:)

they charge the same $15 for a 1.5 liter as a 750 liter or they always have charged us the same.

The liqour policy, like falshdog is mentioning, is rather strict, but at lease you can get a bar set up, compared to Princess that doesn't offer them anymore. I know, they do have the little .375 bottles you can order prior to sailing starting at $19. That about offsets the $15 corkage fee NCL charges for wine. Every line is finding a way to get their money now days. I don't blame them, just making a statement.

Nita

Does NCL offer a discounted wine package if you buy 3 or 6 bottles for the week?

It is difficult to believe NCL intercepts that much more alcohol while checking the bags than the other cruise lines.

Does NCL offer a discounted wine package if you buy 3 or 6 bottles for the week?

It is difficult to believe NCL intercepts that much more alcohol while checking the bags than the other cruise lines.

I don't know if they are intercepting more or not, but they seem to get more flak about it :eek: ! NCL (at least in most ports) xrays luggage

There was a deal if you bought 6 bottles you would get one free.

We did bring our own wine to the dining room and the servers served the wine as if we had purchased it on board. They opened it and poured it throughout the meal. We could have drank the wine in our cabin if we wanted to, I imagine the stewards have openers.

we were recently on the Star and the porter asked us if we had any wine. We told him 2 bottles and he said no problem if we drink them in the room. we had no charges and our bags were delivered at the same time.

we were recently on the Star and the porter asked us if we had any wine. We told him 2 bottles and he said no problem if we drink them in the room. we had no charges and our bags were delivered at the same time.

That is good news. You got an inspector we all wish for.

Archived