Barrachina - Luggage Storage?

jaxbeach12

Anyone used the Luggage storage service at Barrachina's recently? Thinking of using this service and want to make sure it's the right thing to do. Flying with USAirways and have heard they do not participate in the luggage valet service with the ship. We want to visit El Morro and grab some lunch before heading out at 4pm.

Call them and ask. Then, let us know if they do.

Their phone number is (787)725-7912.

That wasn't the question - I know that Barrachina HAS "free" luggage storage for cruiseship passengers. I have read about it here on cc and on their website - www.barrachina.com

The question is - Has anyone personally used this service and was the luggage secure? Was the luggage and contents intact? Did you feel it was a safe situation?

I used Barrachina last March to store my luggage. It was very easy & convenient. It doesn't matter which airline you're traveling on. Once you have disembarkarked from your ship, grab a taxi and tell him/her you want to go to Barrachina. (about a 10-15 minute ride). Once you're there. just drag your luggage in and tell the hostess you want to check your luggage. She'll show you to the check in area just a few feet ahead and get you checked in. You'll receive a claim ticket for each piece of luggsge (or carry on) you check. Make sure to ask her how late they will be open so you can be sure to reclaim your luggage BEFORE they close. They have a designated room in the back of their bar/restaurant they use to store the luggage. After you're checked in, you're free to roam about OSJ until their closing time. Then, just stop back claim your luggage and catch a taxi to the airport for your flight home.

In my opinion, this is a wonderful service offered in San Juan for cruise ship passengers providing us the opportunity to spend more time enjoying their city.

You should have no worries as long as you return before closing time.

Enjoy!

Island Annie

I used Barrachina last March to store my luggage. It was very easy & convenient. It doesn't matter which airline you're traveling on. Once you have disembarkarked from your ship, grab a taxi and tell him/her you want to go to Barrachina. (about a 10-15 minute ride). Once you're there. just drag your luggage in and tell the hostess you want to check your luggage. She'll show you to the check in area just a few feet ahead and get you checked in. You'll receive a claim ticket for each piece of luggsge (or carry on) you check. Make sure to ask her how late they will be open so you can be sure to reclaim your luggage BEFORE they close. They have a designated room in the back of their bar/restaurant they use to store the luggage. After you're checked in, you're free to roam about OSJ until their closing time. Then, just stop back claim your luggage and catch a taxi to the airport for your flight home.

In my opinion, this is a wonderful service offered in San Juan for cruise ship passengers providing us the opportunity to spend more time enjoying their city.

You should have no worries as long as you return before closing time.

Enjoy!

Island Annie

Exactly what I wanted to hear! Just wanted to hear first hand that someone used the service and had no problems. Sounds like a great service that they are providing for cruisers. We will have to try the pina colada and then tour the city.

Island Annie, I know it says $5 tip appreciated but if I may ask .... what did you tip?

We have not used the luggage check in but have samples the Pina Coladas many times and except for the free ones at the visitor center at the park they are the best in town. Also the calimari was fresh and great!

Keywasted

• 4 weeks later...

Just back from San Juan PR

We grabbed a taxi from the Pan Am Pier to Barrachina's for 12.50 with our luggage. The guy from Barrachina (didn't get his name) was great. He came out and helped us wheel our luggage into a side room, tagged our luggage, gave us a receipt and told us to enjoy our day. We walked to El Morro from there - nice walk - about 5 - 10 mins (while sightseeing)

Easily found our way back later in the day. He said that $5 tips were the average (what a steal) We gave him $10 (well worth it) All of our luggage was exactly as we left it. It was a beautiful place too. Walked to the corner and grabbed a taxi to the airport. Highly reccommended!

Don't worry, hundreds of cruisers use them every week and I have never heard of anything stolen from the luggage or luggage missing or anything like that. They provide a great service and the food is great as well, we'll be stopping by this May for a Pina Colada for sure!

Archived