Price Increase...It's a good thing!!!

Tefloncruiser

Back in January, we booked an Alaskan cruise on the Sun for this August to celebrate my 50th birthday. First time to Alaska AND first time cruising for both of us. We went for the AE mini-suite and were quite pleased with the price of the trip. I have been reading with some interest all the threads about upsells and upgrades and have even gone so far as to prepare a chart showing the price differences between our mini-suite and all the suites above us. That way, if the upsell fairy calls, I will know if it's a good offer or not.

In the process of pulling up the comparables, I found out that the trip that we booked has increased in price by FOUR HUNDERED DOLLARS PER PERSON!!!!!!! It already feels like we've been "upgraded".

Anyhoo...just wanted to share what I feel is some good fortune for these first-timers.

Cheers.

I followed the pricing on my recent cruise on the Gem too. It was very odd to see it going up and then down and back up again... I felt pretty pleased when they rose, a bit mad when they dropped and elation again when they all sold out at a higher than I paid price! I think it is a yield management cycle.

ALL of our cruises have increased in price from the time of booking except one ... and that was the Pride of America which dropped $250 p/p before final payment was due, so our balance due was reduced.

We tend to book our cruises well in advance, usually 1 year, so the rates usually rise and I check constantly after booking to track.

Have a great trip.... you got a good deal!!!

Archived