Walking into the historic area in Mazatlan?

calikak

We've been talking about activities in each port on our Mexican Riviera cruise in October and it looks like the only place we might need a car seat is in Mazatlan (we can arrange a shuttle from the airport that will rent us a car seat for the trip, and we can walk/boat to everything else we plan to do). We don't want to lug the darn thing with us just for one port, so I'm wondering how tricky it would be to walk with stroller into town? I think we just wanted to stroller around the historic area and then maybe visit the aquarium if we're not too pooped. Is this a crazy idea, or doable?

Or, can anyone suggest any other alternatives? I am assuming finding a tour operator in Mazatlan that will rent us a car seat for the day is not an option, and I'm nervous about bus tours, in case he gets bored and acts up and bothers all the other folks on the bus. But I'm open to suggestions!

Just noticed the keyboard doesn't have a "cents" key anymore. Anyway, I'd jump on one of the many pulmoarias (sp) open air cabs at the cruise ctr and ask them to take you to old Mazatlan. I wouldn't rent a car in Mexico 'cause I wouldn't want to deal w/ the Mex Policia in case of an accident. Also, the streets and sidewalks aren't OSHA approved and the stroller rider may be in for a bumpy ride.

Smooth sailing:cool:

Archived