Teenagers And Cruises

kmills

Since I do not have teenagers anymore I do not know how to answer this for a friend. They are wanting to go on a cruise this summer with their two teenage daughters. She is wanting to know which ship would be the most kid friendly. Can anyone help me with this question?

I have two teenagers now. You never know week from week which ship would be better. They go to Club 02 to meet other teens. My youngest who is 8 goes to camp Carnival just to have fun. If there are a lot of teens they will have a great time. If there is not they will still have a good time only it will be with you. My kids always make friends on a cruise. They still stay in touch with kids they met on a cruise from two years ago.

As far as I know all ships are kid friendly. Do not know of any that are not. We have a teenager and have cruised the last few years with Carnival. He has never had a problem meeting new friends. We are sailing again in July. This time aboard the Fascination. Our 16 year old teenage son is bringing a friend this time. I'm sure the boys will have a ball. Hope this helps some.

All ships have the teen programs Club O2 (15-17) and Circle C (12-14).

I believe all ships now have a dedicated Club O2 space by now, and the Circle C space is being added as the ships go through dry-dock.

For sure, the Legend has both.

I am glad to see some of the posts in this forum. We are taking our 16yo teen daughter on her first cruise in a couple of weeks. We are worried as to whether she will have fun or not. I am hoping she meets some good friends to hang out with. :p

I have an 18 yo dd and 15 yo ds. My 8 yo is taken care of w/camp carnival. Will my 18 yo be bored? She's pretty close to her brother, but he may want to go to club 02 where the cutoff is 17. Any suggestions or words of wisdom?

All ships have the teen programs Club O2 (15-17) and Circle C (12-14).

I believe all ships now have a dedicated Club O2 space by now, and the Circle C space is being added as the ships go through dry-dock.

For sure, the Legend has both.

Question Don, if you don't mind...

I have 4 sons - one is 19 and will be hanging out with his gf who is going with us. Two are 14 (15 in August) and 17. One is 10. What I would like to know: could my almost-15 year old hang out at club O2 with his 17 year old brother (they are close)? Do they check IDs? It would be a huge bummer if he couldn't - they would all be separated by their respective age groups. The 10 year old will likely be hanging with his dad and me.

TIA

Question Don, if you don't mind...

I have 4 sons - one is 19 and will be hanging out with his gf who is going with us. Two are 14 (15 in August) and 17. One is 10. What I would like to know: could my almost-15 year old hang out at club O2 with his 17 year old brother (they are close)? Do they check IDs? It would be a huge bummer if he couldn't - they would all be separated by their respective age groups. The 10 year old will likely be hanging with his dad and me.

TIA

This sort of thing is at the discretion of the Camp counselors.

They have been known to let someone drop down a group, but very rarely if ever do they let someone go up.

The activities for these groups are very loosely organized and it isn't intended that the kids hang out there all the time. They are free to come and go as they please, so there is no reason they couldn't hang together outside of the structured activities.

This sort of thing is at the discretion of the Camp counselors.

They have been known to let someone drop down a group, but very rarely if ever do they let someone go up.

The activities for these groups are very loosely organized and it isn't intended that the kids hang out there all the time. They are free to come and go as they please, so there is no reason they couldn't hang together outside of the structured activities.

Ok, thanks. :)

:mad:

They would budge for our boys 14 1/2 and 16 to be together..a real bummer for them.

I'm guessing you meant "wouldn't budge" - and if so, that IS a bummer for them, I'm sorry. :( Did they check their IDs to establish their ages? What did your guys end up doing on the ship that they enjoyed?

I'm guessing you meant "wouldn't budge" - and if so, that IS a bummer for them, I'm sorry. :( Did they check their IDs to establish their ages? What did your guys end up doing on the ship that they enjoyed?

Their ages are on the Manifest.

Archived