Caverns by jeep & beach combo

Deluxe sail snorkel & beach party

Playa Mia beach break

Three reef snorkling by boat

Twister (goes to Passion Island)

These are the excursions I am interested in

sailing Carnival Ecstacy November 10th

ANYONE HAVE ANY COMMENTS ON THE FOLLOWING:

Caverns by jeep & beach combo Takes place on the mainland meaning you'll have to take the ferry there and back. Not a big problem on a ship's excursion. This should be fun.

Deluxe sail snorkel & beach party This excursion is more about drinking and the beach than it is about the snorkeling. Yuck.

Playa Mia beach breakAll Inclusive beach club, buffet food, uncomfortable plastic lounge "chairs", potential for crowding. IMO Yuck.

Three reef snorkling by boat OK, but there are better choices if you book a private tour.

Twister (goes to Passion Island) Passion Island is reported to be beautiful, but I've read mixed reviews about the food offered as part of the trip.

Personally, Cozumel is such and easy place to make your own arrangements for tours or to just take a taxi to a beach club that I'd probably never take a ship's excursion there.

I agree with bruce-r. I'd never do a ship's excursion on Cozumel; it's just too easy to plan your own fun on (or off) the island.

:)

Actually, I should make a correction, I would consider Passion Island or one of the mainland tours thru the ship if someone else in my group really wanted to do one of these trips. I think Passion Island is only available thru the ship, and I'd want the assurance that the ship would wait for a returning excursion if I went to the mainland.

Otherwise, I'd want to scuba dive there. :D

Actually, I should make a correction, I would consider Passion Island or one of the mainland tours thru the ship if someone else in my group really wanted to do one of these trips. I think Passion Island is only available thru the ship, and I'd want the assurance that the ship would wait for a returning excursion if I went to the mainland.

Otherwise, I'd want to scuba dive there. :D

Depends on what cruiseline you are on. Carnival no longer offers it as an excursion. You can book it yourself and save some $. I believe tourcozumelathotmaildotcom (use the "at" and "dot" symbols) is the way to book. I hear the Passion Island is incredible. I plan to visit myself soon.

Caverns by jeep & beach combo Takes place on the mainland meaning you'll have to take the ferry there and back. Not a big problem on a ship's excursion. This should be fun.

Deluxe sail snorkel & beach party This excursion is more about drinking and the beach than it is about the snorkeling. Yuck.

Playa Mia beach breakAll Inclusive beach club, buffet food, uncomfortable plastic lounge "chairs", potential for crowding. IMO Yuck.

Three reef snorkling by boat OK, but there are better choices if you book a private tour.

Twister (goes to Passion Island) Passion Island is reported to be beautiful, but I've read mixed reviews about the food offered as part of the trip.

Personally, Cozumel is such and easy place to make your own arrangements for tours or to just take a taxi to a beach club that I'd probably never take a ship's excursion there.

So who would you reccomend if you want to do a tour to the ruins..since it is a longer one that would it still be best private or through the ship?

So who would you reccomend if you want to do a tour to the ruins..since it is a longer one that would it still be best private or through the ship?

If you want a ruins tour I would suggest a different port. Although Coz does have San Gervasio, to see a ruin of any size you need to go to the mainland. If your itinerary calls for Calica, Belize or Progreso, I would do a ruin tour there and save Coz for a beach/snorkel day.

As the others pointed out, Cozumel is one of the easiest port to grab a cab and go-it-on-your-own.

If you want a ruins tour I would suggest a different port. Although Coz does have San Gervasio, to see a ruin of any size you need to go to the mainland. If your itinerary calls for Calica, Belize or Progreso, I would do a ruin tour there and save Coz for a beach/snorkel day.

As the others pointed out, Cozumel is one of the easiest port to grab a cab and go-it-on-your-own.

we're only doing Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica...

we're only doing Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica...

I'd do the ship's excursion to Tulum because it is on the mainland. Or, as a second choice, rent a car in Cozumel and make a stop at San Gervasio before continuing on across the island to the East side and some stops at Chen Rio and Coconuts.

Archived