Scoot Cars

Jackiealu

Can someone give me some information on scoot cars or moped rentals on any of the islands that Tahitian Princess goes to. I thought I had read a report that someone has done this, but now I can't find it. It may be Rarotonga, but not sure. I have also looking around the internet and can't find a place to rent. If anyone has any info or experience with this, I would greatly appreciate the info.

Thanks,

Jackie

we did the scoot cars in Cook Islands. It is a great way to see the islands. We rented them over the internet. No cook island license needed. We worried about that, but the guy delivers the scoot cars right at the pier and then gives you instructions and gets all your informatin right at the docks. We went through jetsave. It was $45usd for the whole day. Remember, they are small and cramped, and loud. Yes we would do it the same way, but the next time we would probably rent a jeep or car. We had a blast, but man were we tired when we got through. It is like driving a lawn mower with motorcycle handles. The locals call them the bumble bees because that is what they sound like. we really had a blast and laughed a lot. Hope you have fun. Remember if you do this in cook islands exchange a little usd for their money right at the pier.

Nancy

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from the 10-14 trip. Rented the funcars in Rarotonga at we circled the entire island -nonstop it takes on these "cars" 1 hour- we stopped at many beautiful beaches along the way- in Muri beach ate at a GREAT restaurant called Sails its part of the Sailing Club they have a web site it was highly recommend by the cruise director and other crew staff whom we spoke to-dont miss it. The price of the fun cars was $45 for 8 houre and two can ride in it, very easy to operate it cost $5 in gas.

Saw some scoot cars in Bora Bora they looked newer but not as much fun and they wanted $75 for 2 hours.

• 3 months later...
Just returned from the 10-14 trip. Rented the funcars in Rarotonga at we circled the entire island -nonstop it takes on these "cars" 1 hour- we stopped at many beautiful beaches along the way- in Muri beach ate at a GREAT restaurant called Sails its part of the Sailing Club they have a web site it was highly recommend by the cruise director and other crew staff whom we spoke to-dont miss it. The price of the fun cars was $45 for 8 houre and two can ride in it, very easy to operate it cost $5 in gas.

Saw some scoot cars in Bora Bora they looked newer but not as much fun and they wanted $75 for 2 hours.

Can you tell me where you rented your funcar so that I may email them to make reservations? Thanks

Archived