No Luggage Tags???

Cynde

Got my docs for our Nov 6, Glory cruise but no luggage tags. I got docs for all three parties that are traveling. Two of us have assigned rooms but one gal and her mom have guarantee. I called PVP and he said, oh it's ok it's because of the guarantee. He said you will get luggage tags at the pier. I said yes, but we give up our luggage prior to going in and checking in. He said that's ok, it's done all the time that way. He said "they" have a list outside that tells them where to take luggage? I am nervous! The porters have a list? Will they know the right ship to put our luggage on? Is this the normal way to do things? Last cruise we had assigned rooms and got luggage tags with the docs.

Your docs should have included gray "TBA" luggage tags that you would have filled out prior to arrival at the pier. Upon arriving, you will seek out a stevedore who is in possession of a ship's manifest showing your actual cabin assignment. At that time, the correct color tags will be attached to your bags.

I've had guarantees that were not assigned before I got to the pier. The porters will have lists and can look up your cabin assignment. They also have luggage tags to put on your luggage at the pier. I've had this happen before. Don't worry - just be sure to have some cash to tip them and you'll have no problems with the luggage. :)

and if you'd like to save a bit of time, bring some labels with your name and address and contact info on them then all you need to do is put the stickers on and fill in your cabin number in...I've had the grey tags before and was told to 'remove those and uses these' at the dock...

The porters at the pier have lots of luggage tags -- look for a porter with a clipboard because they have the list with the cabin numbers. The tags should have been sent with your documents. Even with my TBA cabins, I've gotten luggage tags. It's no big deal getting them from the porter, and I like the idea of having pre-made labels. The porters are in a real rush to move on to the next person (and the next tip :D ).

I know you'll have the usual tags with your name and address on your bag. But, I'd also add the cruise line, ship, and sailing date to the outside of the bag. That way, in the unlikely event the luggage gets lost the airline will know you're a cruise ship passenger. Might make it easier for your luggage to catch up with you.

Ok, I feel better. We will have the porter put on tags. I like the idea of putting our ship info on luggage prior to flying just in case. I think I'll definitely do that. Thank you all for the info!!

Archived