Port time change in Maui

vickwick

I will be on the POAm in May. The ship used to depart Maui at 6:00 pm on the 2nd day, but now it is scheduled to depart at 2:00pm. I was just wondering why it was leaving so early. We are doing the Road to Hana on the 1st day in port and was hoping to see a bit of Lahaina the 2nd day, but now don't know if we will have enough time. I noticed the ship offers a Lahaina on your Own tour. I don't know if that will still be running on the 2nd day. Does anyone have any thoughts on this.

I was really excited when I saw your headline - I thought they had changed the leaving time back to 6pm.

We are sailing in September and since the cruise went on sale early last year, there has always been a departure time of 2pm - but don't know why.

We took Lahaina on your Own out of Kahului. The bus took about 45 minutes to get to Lahaina. Are you going to be stopping at Lahaina at all at any other point on your cruise? On POAL we stopped for 1 day, it was only supposed to be till 2:00 the day we got there but they extended it till 6:00 it was great..If you are not going to be able to see Lahaina other than taking the tour from Kahului then I would def go. tons of little shops, & restaurants. We really loved it..

Archived