Does anyone know who the Social Host is on the Elation?

Sailfish

are you talking about the cruise director?

No, I would like to know who the social host is aboard the Elation. He/she works under the Cruise Director. On some cruise lines, they are also loyalty ambassadors.

There were four social hosts on the Elation when I sailed early last week. Leslee from the UK (who is also the assistant cruise director to Stuart, the cruise director), Minkie from South Africa (who is absolutely awesome), Adam also from South Africa, and Jeff from Cleveland.

There were four social hosts on the Elation when I sailed early last week. Leslee from the UK (who is also the assistant cruise director to Stuart, the cruise director), Minkie from South Africa (who is absolutely awesome), Adam also from South Africa, and Jeff from Cleveland.

When we were on the Elation in February Lesley was acting CD. Stuart must have been on vacation.

So the elation now has a loyalty ambassor type who does future bookings, interesting.

Strange according to post #3 here, the elation doesnt do future booking.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=737583

I am the OP:

Thanks for all the replies!

I do not believe that Carnival has ever done future cruise bookings, though they may someday. I want this information for another reason. There used to be a social host on every Carnival ship, but thanks to some downsizing, this position may now be combined with another duty. I don't cruise with Carnival all too often, but know that on other cruise lines, this position has been relegated to the person who books future cruises and coordinates all past guest functions. Since Carnival doesn't market (at least not that I am aware of) future cruise bookings, I figured they must still have a social hostess on staff who works under the Cruise Director and coordinates past guest functions.

Thanks for your input. That's a lot of Social Hosts!! Any idea who was in charge of the past guest party? I'll be on the Elation in June.

So the elation now has a loyalty ambassor type who does future bookings, interesting.

Strange according to post #3 here, the elation doesnt do future booking.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=737583

I just went to the above link, and it does appear that Carnival is beginning to follow the other cruise lines and has begun to do future cruise bookings on four ships. It makes sense to me, as this has been a successful program with Princess (with whom we do cruise often).

What happened to that time share like program they were selling a few years ago on the Pride; you bought points towards cruises and land packages in a vacation club?

I just went to the above link, and it does appear that Carnival is beginning to follow the other cruise lines and has begun to do future cruise bookings on four ships. It makes sense to me, as this has been a successful program with Princess (with whom we do cruise often).

What happened to that time share like program they were selling a few years ago on the Pride; you bought points towards cruises and land packages in a vacation club?

Folded up. Some are still trying to use up their vaction points, but they arent selling any new memberships.

There was also some guy called "Stitch" who subbed for Stuart on occasion during our 2/19-2/24 cruise. I thoght he was a bit over the top and cocky. We arrived at name that tune 4 songs in and were told to leave. He was pretty much the cruise clown/sho-off.

Gecko7:)

Archived