Benefits to Booking Onboard?

ritarussell

When you book onboard you get a shipbard credit that is available to you when you next cruise. This credit will become "attached" to you booking number. So, say a few monhs later you find you need to change your date/ship, just make sure that your TA KEEPS the original booking number and you will still get the shipboard credit.

Not sure how this will work with RCCL's new pricing system but, if you book on board and your TA should have a lower price, the TA can adjust the price.

We booked on board for a cruise that our TA has a group rate. Our TA then had the group price applied to the booking number. We will get the group price plus a shipboard credit.

If you plan to cruise again in the near future, you really should consider booking on board!

When you book onboard you get a shipbard credit that is available to you when you next cruise. This credit will become "attached" to you booking number. So, say a few monhs later you find you need to change your date/ship, just make sure that your TA KEEPS the original booking number and you will still get the shipboard credit.

Not sure how this will work with RCCL's new pricing system but, if you book on board and your TA should have a lower price, the TA can adjust the price.

We booked on board for a cruise that our TA has a group rate. Our TA then had the group price applied to the booking number. We will get the group price plus a shipboard credit.

If you plan to cruise again in the near future, you really should consider booking on board!

I don't understand - you get shipboard credit for what? For the price of the cruise you're booking? (Sorry, this will be my first time, and I'd also be interested in booking a cruise while on trip like the OP )

You pay the deposit with credit card. We were also told that we could wait until we got home and pay TA. It did not seem to make much difference to us since it would still arrive on the same credit card invoice. Cruise booked on board will automatically go to your TA if you use a TA.

Shipboard credit is VERY nice. I think we got a $150 shipboard credit when we booked a 7 day cruise. So, when we get on the cruise, the first $150 we charge to our seapass is paid for by RCCL!

Archived