I am frustrated!!!

ErinD92

OK --- I was married on Princess Jan 22, 2008. I got my license not long after the wedding - maybe 4 weeks or so. It had the wrong marriage date. It said 1/15/08. When we met with the Wedding Coordinator on the ship he went over a sheet with all the license information. Has us check it for correct spelling, etc. We noticed it had the 15th on there -- he crossed it out and wrote the 22nd. So, I am sure this is where the problem came from. Not a huge deal -- mistakes happen. So, I call TWE about 3 weeks ago to tell them the problem. They were very helpful -- said they would call the cruiseline to get an affidavit and would be in contact to let me know the process had started. I didn't hear anything for 1.5 weeks so I called back -- I have left 4 messages over the past 2 weeks with no return call. I called again today and was transfered to voicemail...I called back and told them I didn't want voicemail -- after a few minutes on hold the person I had been speaking to picked up. She said she was sorry she hadn't called me back but she was out of the office for the past 2 weeks. Her voicemail never reflected this.....and I can't believe in that size of a company there isn't anyone to fill in???? So, I explain the situation again and get put on hold. She comes back to tell me that she hasn't got the affidavit yet -- WHA!?!?!? They've know for about 4 weeks and are still waiting? No one followed up??? So, she then says that perhaps it is in a pile that someone else was collecting..She look through it and let me know this afternoon. It is now 4:30 --- still no call. To top things off, to get on my husbands medical flex plan we need to have our marriage license within xx number of days (I don't remember the exact time frame) so it looks like I may miss out on that.....I am so frustrated! I was told "it is possible" that I could get an expediated license...but at this rate I am still expecting another 4 weeks! ARGH!

OK --- I was married on Princess Jan 22, 2008. I got my license not long after the wedding - maybe 4 weeks or so. It had the wrong marriage date. It said 1/15/08. When we met with the Wedding Coordinator on the ship he went over a sheet with all the license information. Has us check it for correct spelling, etc. We noticed it had the 15th on there -- he crossed it out and wrote the 22nd. So, I am sure this is where the problem came from. Not a huge deal -- mistakes happen. So, I call TWE about 3 weeks ago to tell them the problem. They were very helpful -- said they would call the cruiseline to get an affidavit and would be in contact to let me know the process had started. I didn't hear anything for 1.5 weeks so I called back -- I have left 4 messages over the past 2 weeks with no return call. I called again today and was transfered to voicemail...I called back and told them I didn't want voicemail -- after a few minutes on hold the person I had been speaking to picked up. She said she was sorry she hadn't called me back but she was out of the office for the past 2 weeks. Her voicemail never reflected this.....and I can't believe in that size of a company there isn't anyone to fill in???? So, I explain the situation again and get put on hold. She comes back to tell me that she hasn't got the affidavit yet -- WHA!?!?!? They've know for about 4 weeks and are still waiting? No one followed up??? So, she then says that perhaps it is in a pile that someone else was collecting..She look through it and let me know this afternoon. It is now 4:30 --- still no call. To top things off, to get on my husbands medical flex plan we need to have our marriage license within xx number of days (I don't remember the exact time frame) so it looks like I may miss out on that.....I am so frustrated! I was told "it is possible" that I could get an expediated license...but at this rate I am still expecting another 4 weeks! ARGH!

Okay, first things first - call your husbands HR department and explain the situation. Surely someone over there will be able to offer you some assistance. Will they accept the erroneous marriage license as temporary proof of the union until you can get it corrected?

At my place of employment, we are allowed to change our medical situations when a "life situation" happens (birth, death, marriage, divorce) Hopefully it is this way for you too and you will be able to have yourself added on as soon as you get your hands on the corrected the license.

I don't know what to say in regards of RR/TWE. It sounds like they have your money and, now, could not care less about you. My only suggestion is to get in touch with the BBB of south Florida and see if you can file a formal complaint. Maybe that will light a fire under their asses!

http://www.bbbsoutheastflorida.org/BBBWeb/Forms/General/Home.aspx

Good luck!

Sorry to hear about this! Definitely call whomever handles your husband's benefits (most are outsourced now) and explain what is going on. Knowing that it usually takes about 6 weeks to get the certificate for an at sea wedding, and that we are to let the benefits company know within a month of the wedding (or wait until open enrollment to add anyone), I checked with our HR Department. They told me to just call the benefits company when I return and tell them the date of the marriage and that it would not be a problem to add my fiance/husband without the marriage certificate.

Good luck! I'm sure it will work out.

Sounds like more lack of follow up with TWE. I plan on writing a formal complaint after my wedding takes place on Monday. I wanted to wait this way if anything does not go delivered as stated in my contract-I can add that complaint in as well. Not all people at TWE are horrible but the person who was assigned to handle my wedding was not good. Do not speak with Cassandra you will not get anywhere with her. I did however speak with a very helpful person there named Andrea. I guess not all of them are idiots-just a handful of them and lucky us-we got them. Hopefully I don't have this problem-as my soon to be husband is waiting to get covered under my insurance as well and I only have open windows for that as well. I hope everything works out for you in the end.

Charlene call Judge Mary Norman's office at 504-368-4099. They will not mail it out unless you request it, however it should be available 4-5 weeks after the ceremony. I hope all is well with you and Fredrick, tell him hello for me.

Jill (your coordinator)

Charlene call Judge Mary Norman's office at 504-368-4099. They will not mail it out unless you request it, however it should be available 4-5 weeks after the ceremony. I hope all is well with you and Fredrick, tell him hello for me.

Jill (your coordinator)

It took us about 4 months to get our marriage license and we were married in New Orleans too. I think it takes longer because of Katrina. Give them a call.

I got an email from TWE today saying they received the affidavit and sent it to Bermuda -- they asked to receive a scan of the license so I can get at least the scan ASAP while waiting for the official document. About 10 minutes after that email I received another saying the license was on the way! They sped it through due to the circumstances! Thanks TWE!

I got an email from TWE today saying they received the affidavit and sent it to Bermuda -- they asked to receive a scan of the license so I can get at least the scan ASAP while waiting for the official document. About 10 minutes after that email I received another saying the license was on the way! They sped it through due to the circumstances! Thanks TWE!

I am soooo glad to hear that!! I was worried for you. I wouldn't be surprised if someone from TWE read this post and brought it to a supervisors attention. I know they claim they check these boards in an effort to give better service. Maybe it's working...

Archived