Cruising with 2 Year Old

cruiserjanet

Hi everyone. I posted this on the First Time Cruiser board but thought I would post here as well. Here's my post:

My co-worker is thinking about taking a cruise with her 2 year old daughter. This will be her first cruise and she would like to depart out of Los Angeles. What cruise lines are good for 2 year olds in regard to activities, etc.? She is not potty trained yet.

Carnival or Norwegian. Both take kids 2 and up in their childrens program and both take children who are not potty trained. Carnival changes diapers, Norwegian will give the parent a beeper and call when the child needs a change! Her child will not be able to swim in the pool though if she is not potty trained!

Out of LA you have the Carnival Pride for 7 day mexican Riviera or the Carnival Paradise for 3 or 4 day Baja. The Spirit and Elation leave from San Diego. Norwegian Star for 7 day mexican riviera I believe, but it depends on when she wants to go cause the Star moves up to Alaska for part of the year (late April to September).

I did the Carnival Pride the week my twins turned two and it was wonderful. They have a great program for little ones and were very patient and good with my girls who had never been in any kind of pre-school or day care setting before. (Whereas on our last cruise with Princess, I would get paged the minute one of them started crying, the counsellors on Carnival really put effort into getting my girls to enjoy themselves - and it worked).

The Mexico route is nice for toddlers too - in Puerto Vallarta there's a resort that's perfect for tots that's walking distance.

Best,

Mia

Archived