Soda Card Upgrade?

hunnibee72

Someone told me that NCL has a sola card add on for virgin specialty drinks... does anyone know if this is true?

thanks

Melissa

When my family and I were on the Dawn in 2006 they had a book of "passport" tickets for the teens instead of a soda card. It was for a certain amount of virgin smoothies. Unfortunately my son would rather have had the soda card. We bought him a soda sticker and we took the tickets for the virgin smoothies. While in Puerto Rico we purchased a bottle of rum. Put the rum in a water bottle and enjoyed our "virgin" smoothies with our own rum.

My guess is also that they're referring to the teen passport. When we took our kids on their first cruise, we bought them each one -- and still have a few coupons left over, after they've been on two cruises and shared with Mom & Dad.

Technically, it's only for teens ages 12 - 18. When we purchased them on the Sun, we were upfront that they were a little older than that -- but no one seemed to care. On the Jewel recently, however, I heard the supervisor of the employee who was manning the cart by the pool deck where they were being sold making sure that the crew member knew they were to be sold ONLY to the proper age group.

My guess is that the staff is more concerned about selling to adults. I know our kids (ages 3 and 6 at the time) happily used them 1.5 years ago on the Star (in fact, the bartender recommended it). If you are able to buy the coupon/passport book, and make sure the kids are ordering, my guess is you'll be fine. You could always ask (nicely) to speak to a supervisor if there is an issue. The biggest problem is using them all up!

Since they are coupons can two kids share one book? I was thinking of getting each kid their own soda card, but thought they could probably shared the teen card since it was a coupon book. What are your thoughts on this?

I'd definitely plan on buying one book and letting them share. When we bought them for our kids on the Sun 4 years ago, we bought 2. Even though DH and I had some too, we ended up with about 18 coupons left (there's 20 in the original book). So, we took them on the Sea a year later when the kids went, and still came home with about 4 or 5 left -- which I've since misplaced :( .

Archived