Cannes /Carnival Freedom 2008 Tender Question

According to the schedule it says 9AM arrival in Cannes port. I read this is a tender port from past reviews.

What time do you think a person can get off the ship when doing a NON-Carnival tour?

Anybody know any tricks to get off sooner?

TIA

Hello, we were on the Carnival Freedom August 2007 that stopped in Cannes

and if I remember correctly we could take the tender about 9:30 am. It was a very quick tender. Sorry I have no advice on how you would get around this. Enjoy the Freedom!

In agreement with Jennifer -- It is a very quick tender over to the shore and the boats that transfer hold a ton of people! You should have no problem being off within 15 or 20 minutes of docking. Most of the ship's tour people were off prior to 9 though so they didn't hold up anything.

According to the schedule it says 9AM arrival in Cannes port. I read this is a tender port from past reviews.

What time do you think a person can get off the ship when doing a NON-Carnival tour?

TIA

We will be doing a private tour at this port. Is there any issue with time change? If it says 9am will it be 9am local time? Or is there a time change and will it be an hour earlier? In which case we will be waiting for our guide. This happened to us last year in Canada/Ne Brunswick/Nova scotia. The ships time remained the same but local time was an hour later, making us 1 hour late for a pre-arranged interview at Pier 21 (the canadian Ellis Island, DH immigrated from Italy to America via an 8 year stay in Canada) Doing it legally does have its drawbacks! Anyway, if anyone has had an issue regarding the time in Cannes, please advise. Thanks:)

Thanks for the first hand experience. Private tour planned, guide wants to pick-up at 10:30am because of tender and his experience of dealing with this sort of thing. Sleeping in sounds good too......

I would imagine that the port time is adjusted for local. I can't recall from past cruises. Good Question !!

Maybe a call to Carnival or TA would confirm.

When we did this cruise last year we were in Barcelona the day before and they are on the same time. So changing time zones would not be an issue. And during this cruise we never did arrive late at any port. But to be safe if you are doing a private tour I would give yourself time to get off the ship just in case there are any problems.

When we did this cruise last year we were in Barcelona the day before and they are on the same time. So changing time zones would not be an issue. And during this cruise we never did arrive late at any port. But to be safe if you are doing a private tour I would give yourself time to get off the ship just in case there are any problems.

Thank you. Of course when I reconfirm with the tour guide, I will also reconfirm the tender/time issues. Glad to know that Barcelona is on the same time. France, hopefully will be too!. In my other life, before kids, I would travel to Europe like it was around the corner and I recall that some countries like to do their own thing time-wise. Once, Malaga was 4pm and directly south of them, in Tangier, it was 2 hours earlier! So we gained 2 hours of daylight and it was bright until 11pm when we were there.:)

TIA

We were on the Freedom in October; the last med cruise of the season and had a private tour booked for 10 AM.

This would have been safe except the sail from Barcelona was very rough with strong winds (115 KMH) and heavy seas the entire way. The captain did very well to arrive only 60 minutes late, however, due to the heavy seas, the tendor process took a little longer. The French have a great tendor service with large boats and prompt service. Everyone was very apologetic but after all that, we were still on shore at 10:45 am and our guide knew exactly why we were late.

If it were me, I would schedule for 10:15 or 10:30 and you will be fine. the guides know the routine well and will wait if the ship is delayed.

BTW, we used Ming Tours, if interested, my review is at: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=34264

Archived