children's programming

Lilac Wine

We're getting ready to book our first NCL cruise, but before we do, I would like some opinions of those of you who have sailed NCL with young children. Our DD just turned 4, and the descriptions of the play areas and activities for children that I've read on the NCL site sound like something that she would enjoy immensely. However, I would appreciate learning of some first-hand experiences from those who have BTDT with children of similar ages.

TIA!

My youngest was in the 2 - 5 yr. old group a few years ago on the Spirit and had a fantastic time. I think the cutest thing I've ever seen was sitting at the Blue Lagoon with my husband and hearing some children's voices, looking up and seeing a parade of little ones (mine being the littlest of all!) marching single file and singing in their pirate parade costumes! Absolutely adorable, and she was having so much fun she didn't even notice when she marched right past her parents.

They do a great job in the Kids Crew, and both of my girls (now 5 and 11) are really looking forward to going back in a couple of weeks.

We're getting ready to book our first NCL cruise, but before we do, I would like some opinions of those of you who have sailed NCL with young children. Our DD just turned 4, and the descriptions of the play areas and activities for children that I've read on the NCL site sound like something that she would enjoy immensely. However, I would appreciate learning of some first-hand experiences from those who have BTDT with children of similar ages.

TIA!

My daughter was 4.5 when she took her first NCL cruise in 2002. She loved the Kids Club and has on every cruise since then. She was always disappointed at 10:00 p.m. each night when Kids Club ended and we showed up to pick her up.

She still enjoys Kids Club!

Michael is 5 so he was the oldest in his age group aside from one other 5 yr old boy. He ADORED Kids Club & hated leaving. The facility itself isn't overly impressive - it's the staff that makes it such a great thing. Every time he was there, he came back with at least 2 crafts they made. I was really surprised when they took them to one of the shows. but Michael said he felt like a grown up & just loved it. I had not planned on him going except maybe once or twice, but both sea days, he BEGGED to be able to go.

I'll be on the Spirit next month with a four year old. I'm sure I'll write a review after we return May 3. From what I've read, the Spirit is supposed to be great for kids.

I'll be on that same cruise. DS is 6 and DD is almost 3. They both cannot WAIT! (neither can I ;) )

My son, now age 3, was on an NCL cruise to Mexico last year when he was 2 1/2 -- He absolutely LOVED Kids Club! He still talks about it and wants to go.

We are leaving on the Spirit on March 30th for another cruise and he is thrilled to be going back to Kids Club (even though he goes to pre-school when he is home and likes that, too).

It's great, because he has a wonderful time and I don't feel guilty about having some alone time!

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all of the feedback! We booked our trip this afternoon and are incredibly excited, especially now that we hear how much fun the programming for children will be for our DD...:)

Happy cruising to you all!

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all of the feedback! We booked our trip this afternoon and are incredibly excited, especially now that we hear how much fun the programming for children will be for our DD...:)

Happy cruising to you all!

What ship and itinerary did you book? Perhaps we can give some more feedback.

Like the others, our two daughters love Kids Crew. Plus they LOVE the free ice cream. And the kids pool. And the chocolate chip cookies (on the Star, they are found in the Blue Lagoon). And getting to order from a big menu just about anything they want for dinner, and not being rushed to make a certain seating time. We really like NCL when we are sailing with the kids.

ilovewdw and maryln, we'll be on the Spirit May 3rd as well! Counting on the kids program being as good as its rumored to be. It has a pretty good reputation it seems. This will be my 4yr old's 4th cruise, but the first one he's been old enough to enjoy the kids program.

ilovewdw and maryln, we'll be on the Spirit May 3rd as well! Counting on the kids program being as good as its rumored to be. It has a pretty good reputation it seems. This will be my 4yr old's 4th cruise, but the first one he's been old enough to enjoy the kids program.

We'll actually be returning on May 3. Sorry we aren't on the same cruise.

We're going to be on the transatlantic crossing of the Norwegian Gem from New York to Barcelona next month.

Wow! I'd like to go back to Barcelona. I really enjoyed the hop on hop off tour bus there. Looks like a great itinerary!

Archived