Can I bring a corkscrew?

To All,

I have a nice all metal corkscrew, with serrated blade. I would never think of bringing it through an airport (certain to get confiscated in carry-on), but what about on a cruise ship. Can I check it in the luggage? Can I get it through as a carry on item? Will the serrated blade be considered a weapon and be confiscated no matter what? I plan on carrying on two bottles of wine (maybe three):rolleyes: and a botte of champagne. I know I can bring a plastic corkscrew, but the nicer one is easier to use. We will be driving to the port - live about four hours away.

Thanks to all.:D

Brian

If you want to bring one, it'll have to go in your checked luggage for the plane ride. On the ship, they don't care WHAT you bring! The ship does NOT go by TSA rules! Only the airlines screw up our packing plans!

If you want to bring one, it'll have to go in your checked luggage for the plane ride. On the ship, they don't care WHAT you bring! The ship does NOT go by TSA rules! Only the airlines screw up our packing plans!

DW had scissors taken away when embarking on one cruise. She had carried the same ones on any number of previous cruises. But, we got an overzealous screener who gave us the option of leaving and putting it back in our car (Duh - we're in Florida and our car is at the airport in Ohio:rolleyes: ) or giving it up.

And no, as a weapon, it is not returned. Same thing happened to a passenger upon returning from port in Roatan once.

We were in the elevator an she was complaining that the slingshots she bought for her nephews were confiscated and would not be returned. I assume if she had taken the rubber bands off and put them in her pocket before going on board that they would have been OK.

At any rate, if you are going to take the good corkscrew, I'd pack it in the checked luggage just in case.

Charlie

Archived