Miami hotels

diversmom

Sailing on Carnival VALOR, out of Miami on October 10, 08. Can anyone

reccomend a hotel, not super expensive, pool a must and maybe Continental breakfast. Looking for one with shuttle from airport and maybe close enough to pier so we can just take a cab.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

MOM

Good luck with this one....I spent way too much time reviewing researching all of them.....I would recommend staying at the airport (MIA) area....most are about $125/ngt. (Laquinta, Hol. Inn Express)

Anything close to the pier is $200/ngt and up!! (and some of those have bad reviews!!)

We are on Valor in 2 weeks!!!.....we are flying in to FLL, we found a Holiday inn half way between FLL and MIA. ($125/ngt). We just needed a decent bed, we are there for about 12 hours.....

When you find a few you are considering.....go to Tripadviser.com and read the reviews........good luck

I went on the Valor from Miami as well, we stayed at the Hilton near the airport. Very close to the airport and 15min from the ship, good food buffet in the morning and it has a great pool and grounds. That is the only hotel that I have first hand info on, hope it helps.:)

Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon. Free airport Shuttle, grocery store, liquor store, fast food places, CVS, wallgreens across the street. Also has a shuttle to pier for $10 a person. Cont. Breakfast and a pool. Very nice hotel, staff friendly and helpful.

I went on the Valor from Miami as well, we stayed at the Hilton near the airport. Very close to the airport and 15min from the ship, good food buffet in the morning and it has a great pool and grounds. That is the only hotel that I have first hand info on, hope it helps.:)

This is a great hotel. We have stayed here twice and will be again before our April cruise. Nice walk to Publix ( wine for cruise) with a liquor store beside it. Also two pharmicies and the usual McDonalds, Burger King and Wendy's in the area. If you speak Spanish you may even be able to order something.

We are going on the Valor in April and reserved LaQuintaEast for under $100 a night,AAA rate.IT has free shuttle from airport and to ship and free breakfast.Reserved back in Nov. for APril.Rates went up a couple of months ago for friends booking.Check it out and reserve,if interested.Can always cancel as they only hold with credit card guarantee.There is nothing nearby except a Bennigans for dinner.If you just want to have dinner and sleep or use pool it should be fine.It is rated #20 out of 80 in mIAMI.

Stay away from Continental Bayside. It is convenient to port and mall and walgreens, etc., but is horrible once you get past the lobby. Way overpriced!

Are you talking about the Intercontinental?

Archived