Star Questions for Recent Cruisers

Jessinak

Several questions for those of you who have recent experience on the Star:

1) We are in an AB suite and are curious as to the identity of butler and concierge. Can anyone pass along who is currently working?

2) Does anyone have recent Freestyle Dailies?

3) What about a spa menu? Are these identical between ships?

4) Does anyone have pictures of the Kids Club area or the Gym?

5) My soon-to-be-6 year old daughter will be having a birthday during our cruise. Any ideas on what we can expect vis-a-vis a party? Is it reasonable to ask our butler to arrange for a small birthday cake?

Many thanks.

I can answer the last question. Ask your TA to let them know you'll be celebrating a birthday, and she/he can set things in motion for a cake to be served after dinner, if you'd like. On my birthday cruise, we received a certificate to hand to the waiter before dinner, and they brought it out for dessert.

I am sure your butler could also arrange to have it waiting in your room anytime you wish. NCL also has a birthday package where they will decorate your room with balloons, streamers, etc. You could order that, or bring some items and ask your butler to arrange it as well (if you'd rather it just be up for a day rather than the whole cruise). How fun!

We had an AA on the Feb 20th trip. Butler was Rogin. Concierge was Monica. It was DH's 50th birthday. I asked Rogin about getting him a cake and he referred me to Monica. She made the arrangements for the birthday package. I think it was thirty dollars. They decorated the room and set up a nice cake. That night we had dinner at Endless Summer. They gave us a table overlooking the atrium and had the atrium band since Happy Birthday to DH while our waitress brought him a cake. I would have just died, but he loved it. :)

Have a wonderful trip.

Several questions for those of you who have recent experience on the Star:

1) We are in an AB suite and are curious as to the identity of butler and concierge. Can anyone pass along who is currently working?

2) Does anyone have recent Freestyle Dailies?

3) What about a spa menu? Are these identical between ships?

4) Does anyone have pictures of the Kids Club area or the Gym?

5) My soon-to-be-6 year old daughter will be having a birthday during our cruise. Any ideas on what we can expect vis-a-vis a party? Is it reasonable to ask our butler to arrange for a small birthday cake?

Many thanks.

Call Jennifer the ship cornaditor for the star. She is great to work with. Her number is 1-800-327-9020 X7768. Also if you need a meet and great party or a bar set up for your suite she can take care of it. Lori

I do not have a spa menu handy, but folks post them from time to time. Services tend to run around $100 per hour. They do have daily specials that get closer to $60 per hour or. Plus 15% or is it 18%. Lots of services available.

Want some more info and FAQs about sailing wit NCL.. Click here

Archived