Coffee Machine in courtyard staterooms on Jewel??

jbiz

Does anyone know what kind of cofee machine is in the A3-Courtyard Villa stateroom on the Jewel? Are they pods (if so, what kind)? beans (i.e. saeco)? and what brand machine?

Also, same question for the Garden Villa on the Jewel

Thanks.

Does anyone know what kind of cofee machine is in the A3-Courtyard Villa stateroom on the Jewel? Are they pods (if so, what kind)? beans (i.e. saeco)? and what brand machine?

Also, same question for the Garden Villa on the Jewel

Thanks.

They were beans on the Jewel and may still be. I know on the newer ship they went to pods.

1546921629_coffeemaker-delux.jpg.bd3b036b5989008d4a602f95a5adad05.jpg

Bigdog is correct. All penthouse suites on the Jewel had this coffeemaker' date=' and they are wonderful. The "pods" type were put on the Pearl and I believe the Gem.

PE[/quote']

Looks like pearl had the same machine as the Jewel

2790723540059187889S425x425Q85.jpg

The Gem when I was on it in December had the Lavazza pod espresso machine.

Looks like pearl had the same machine as the Jewel

2790723540059187889S425x425Q85.jpg

The Gem when I was on it in December had the Lavazza pod espresso machine.

I thought someone (he who must not be named) said the Pearl had the "pod" type coffeemakers. Well, I will find out for myself in a couple of weeks.

PE

Just off the Jewel A3 - 14508. It's a Saeco Incanto Sirius machine. VERY cool. And you can buy one on the ship for the low low price of $1200!

I LOVED it!

SteveO.

very nice.. I'm actually in 14506 & 14508 in a few weeks (both on upsells).. any issues/quirks with the rooms? and do you happen to know if there was a A/V port (yellow/red/white or other type) in the TV(s) to hook up a video player (like a camcorder or something)??

also, assuming its the same crew, how was the butler?

Thanks!!!

very nice.. I'm actually in 14506 & 14508 in a few weeks (both on upsells).. any issues/quirks with the rooms? and do you happen to know if there was a A/V port (yellow/red/white or other type) in the TV(s) to hook up a video player (like a camcorder or something)??

also, assuming its the same crew, how was the butler?

Thanks!!!

jbiz,

You are about to be spoiled rotten! 14508 is by far the best suite we've sailed in. Kadek should be your butler. We loved him. He was ALWAYS accommodating to our requests, treated our 11 yodd and her friend like princesses. Alex the concierge always got us reservations (except one night when we called late and Mama's was booked solid); best of all, our tables were always the best in the house!

The only thing I'll nit-pic (and I do mean a nit) is that the couch in the living room isn't the most comfy. Oh, and the thick glass door that closes off the master bedroom and bath is a little sticky.

Kadek brought an extra dvd player for the kid's room (that little (15/17") tv has inputs on the outside. The big screen in the living room has inputs, but kind of awkward to get to. Alex offered to get one of the ship's engineers to come help hook up, so no worries!

The courtyard is wonderful, as is the private sun deck on 15. It is literally like being on your own private yacht on top of the ship! I could blabber on longer, but won't because I have to go take my anti-depressant now for being back home! ;-)

You will love these rooms!

SteveO.

Steve, we leave this week for the NCL Jewel and I was wondering how windy the private sun deck is and do you get much sun in the courtyard? We are in 14514 which I understand does not look onto the courtyard....Is that correct. June

On the Pearl, none of the suites "look out" into the courtyard - the courtyard is surrounded by a hallway on two sides and the cabins open off onto the hallway.

The only time we went up to the private sundeck on 15, it was quite windy - we preferred to lounge in the courtyard.........

Enjoy your time on the Jewel - if Alex is your concierge, you will be spoiled forever - IMHO he's the best in the fleet.

The coffee makers on the Jewel in the GV make excellent espresso, latte and cappuccino. However, unless you like overstrong, slightly burnt, rough coffee, European, the regular coffee is not too good...nowhere NEAR as good as a typical New Jersey diner.

I hadn't noticed a difference on the Pearl--I thought they were the same but didn't look too closely.

I think part of the problem is that excellent espresso beans make excellent espresso, but make lousy American-style coffee.

granger,

Sorry, can't tell you if 14514 is on the hallway surrounding the courtyard or not. I used the sun deck on 15 numerous times. It's nice having a view of both sides of the ship and is very private. Never saw more than two or three other people up there the whole cruise. When underway, it can get pretty windy, but I found even then that it wasn't that bothersome when in one of the excellent deck chairs or Balinese sun beds. The courtyard gets plenty of sun when the roof is open. Early in the morning the sun will be on one side, but as ther day progresses you'll be able to choose sun or shade. It's also a great place for lunch!

how about standard US electrical outlets in the Courtyard villas?

I have a bunch of stuff that needs to be plugged in.. do I need to bring converters for this ship (I think I was able to make due on the Dawn without, but I forget now)...

Thanks!

We are going to be in the Garden Villa on the Gem, does the espresso machine make decaf automatically or do we need to bring our own beans/pods (I am confused as to what type of machine is in the room?)

Thank you!

jbiz,

There were several outlets available in the A3.

VIPcruzer,

In the A3 they provided decaf beans, just need to ask the butler to swap them out for the regular beans (*it's a top-loader).

SteveO.

Thanks Steveo! :D

Archived