Ms Eurodam Some Questions

marle7

We are looking at booking a cruise on this ship just after Christmas, and over New Years. We have never sailed HAL before and have a few questions.

1. do they have a bar set up available in room, or the ability to purchase it as you can from Celebrity?

2. What does staying in a suite mean in terms of perks if anything

3. Has anyone done the culinary education seminars and how were they? This is of particular interest to me?

4. What should I expect from HAL as opposed to RCL or Celebrity?

5. Is the MS Eurodam expected to be much different than any of HAL's other ships?

Thanks so much!

Since the Eurodam won't begin sailing for another 3 months we can only speculate on answers to your questions based on the current Vista ships, which the Eurodam most closely resembles.

1. Every cabin will have a "no host" (i.e. not free) mini-bar, and you will be able to buy other bar set-ups (liquor and mixers) from any bar, or Ship Services in advance.

2. Primarily use of the Neptune Lounge and its Concierges to perform the sorts of services that all concierges do. Also you would get preferential dining room seating selection and priority tendering. Other perks can be found on the HAL site ... or will be mentioned by others posters. :)

3. My DW & DD took a cooking class and enjoyed it very much. How much it is "hands on" and how much it is just close-up demo depends on the particular chef giving it. $29 pp, twice a week, limited to 12 people per class. Go to the front desk to sign up ASAP after boarding.

4. I can't speak for Celebrity, but IMO much better service and food than RCCL.

5. It will be very much like the Vista ships (Noordam, Westerdam, Oosterdam, Zuiderdam) in most respects, but with an additional deck, two more specialty restaurants, a small movie theater, more shops, and about 200 more passengers. There will be a few new cabin classes not on the Vistas: VT, VQ, plain V, IA, CA ... maybe more than I can't recall offhand.

To marle7,

Thanks for asking these questions. I'm sailing on my 1st HAL cruise on the ms Eurodam over New Years this December and can't wait!! :D I also have had a few questions and will probably have many more before I sail. Come and join us in the Southern Caribbean sailing on December 27th, 2008 until January 3rd, 2009!! :D

I know the deck plans and so forth aren't finalized, but our TA got an Aft SB cabin on hold for us. Two questions. We never been in an aft cabin. Are they as nice as the people on RC say theirs are? Also, I just want to be sure that the SB category is the Deluxe veranda and falls into the suite category for concierge etc.

I know the deck plans and so forth aren't finalized, but our TA got an Aft SB cabin on hold for us. Two questions. We never been in an aft cabin. Are they as nice as the people on RC say theirs are? Also, I just want to be sure that the SB category is the Deluxe veranda and falls into the suite category for concierge etc.

DH and I adore the aft SBs and that is our first choice, always. Yes, it is a Deluxe Verandah with all of the nice perks that includes!

Archived