Princess luggage tags

petefoss

I've got a question about Princess' embarcation luggage tags. Because of a very convoluted reservation we ended up with two sets of tags for two cabins but I don't know which to use for who.

The two cabins are on Plaza (last name begins with A) and Dolphin (last name begins with F).

The two sets of tags are shown in the attached pics.

tag1.jpg.2fc27b9a7019f1cdc06f2adf96cb8c69.jpg

tag2.jpg.8bb1ca293fc8804dbf64ce1769ba377d.jpg

I am new to Princess cruising and I have a question about luggage tags. On other cruise lines my luggage tags arrived with my Cabin # and name already printed on them. With Princess I have tags with no info. Do I fill it out myself? Or do I wait until I am checking in and Princess does it. Thanks.

I am new for the cruise too, and I also have a question about the luggage. Do I have to put the luggage tag on the bag and let the crew to deliver to my stateroom? I heard that it may take longer time (even when the ship start sailing) to get my luggage at room. Can I take it by myself and just check in? I don't want to seem odds on the first day if it is not allowed. Thanks.

You need to put the info on the tags before you leave home. I check them when I pick them up at the airport to make sure they are still there.

If you need more they are available at the airport and the pier.

You should take a carry on bag with anything you might need for the 1st 2-4 hrs on board as it sometimes take awhile to get your bags.

I always take shorts, t shirt, bathing suit and just in case an outfit suitable for dining. I even take a formal night outfit as I have been without luggage for 5 days on 1 cruise ( the airlines fault).

Martini Cruiser

I am new to Princess cruising and I have a question about luggage tags. On other cruise lines my luggage tags arrived with my Cabin # and name already printed on them. With Princess I have tags with no info. Do I fill it out myself? Or do I wait until I am checking in and Princess does it. Thanks.
You fill out your luggage tag.

I am new for the cruise too, and I also have a question about the luggage. Do I have to put the luggage tag on the bag and let the crew to deliver to my stateroom? I heard that it may take longer time (even when the ship start sailing) to get my luggage at room. Can I take it by myself and just check in? I don't want to seem odds on the first day if it is not allowed. Thanks.
You can carry it on if it'll fit into the security machine, which is about the size when you're going through security at the airport. One thing to keep in mind is that if you do carry your luggage onboard in addition to your carry-on, you'll take up a lot more space in the elevator and make others equally anxious to get to their cabin wait for the next elevator. Not sure you'd want someone to do that to you if you were waiting.

We fill them out at home, but don't put them on until after the flights. Once we were upgraded at the pier after giving checking our bags, yet our bags still found their way to our cabin without issues.

They are able to sort that out. We have had the same thing happen when we had a cabin change at checkin after depositing our bags.

We fill them out at home, but don't put them on until after the flights. Once we were upgraded at the pier after giving checking our bags, yet our bags still found their way to our cabin without issues.
Not putting the tags on when you leave home is very risky. Should your luggage not make it to your destination when you do those cruise tags being on will help expedite its arrival to the ship. Also airlines sometimes have to leave luggage behind if there is a weight problem and they will give cruise passanger's luggage priority on the flight.

There is not one reason for not putting those luggage tags on at home like Princess instructs you to do.

Archived