Valor exotic or Miracle st. martin,kitts,lucia?

zurich72

Hi all -- planning a winter 09 cruise, and have it narrowed down to

1. Valor - out of Miami - Grand cayman, isla roatan, belize and cozumel

2. Miracle - out of Ft. Lauderdale - St. Martin, St. Kitts, St Lucia

As for the ship, we like lots to do and a good pool area.

For the ports, we don't do crazy excursions, just nice beaches and maybe water sports like sailing or jet skis. We've been to st martin several times, but really like it, St. Lucia and Cozumel we thought were only ok -- never have been to the other ports. Any input on the ships or itineraries would be much appreciated. (miracle is 8 days - an extra day is always a plus!)

Thanks!

Valor & Miracle are two different size ships, both about the same age. I personally preferred the Valor, but I like the hustle & bustle of the larger ship.

As far as the ports go I prefer the prefer the Miracle's ports of call, as I feel like this a route that isn't as common as the other ports. (i.e. not many ships dock in St Lucia & St Kitts). Also there are LOTS of Sea Days on this route... I love sea days, but if you don't like the idea of being 'stuck' on the ship for multiple days, I might suggest the Valor.

Both ships have plenty of 'beach' options.

Hi all -- planning a winter 09 cruise, and have it narrowed down to

1. Valor - out of Miami - Grand cayman, isla roatan, belize and cozumel

2. Miracle - out of Ft. Lauderdale - St. Martin, St. Kitts, St Lucia

As for the ship, we like lots to do and a good pool area.

For the ports, we don't do crazy excursions, just nice beaches and maybe water sports like sailing or jet skis. We've been to st martin several times, but really like it, St. Lucia and Cozumel we thought were only ok -- never have been to the other ports. Any input on the ships or itineraries would be much appreciated. (miracle is 8 days - an extra day is always a plus!)

Thanks!

Did the Miracle itinerary last month and can highly recommend it. The ship is one of my favorite ships so far. Really like the size and layout of the ship. Also enjoyed the supper club and would sail the Miracle again in a heart beat.

We booked excursion off of the pier in St Lucia that took us to several different locations including the active volcano via a ferry. In St. Kits we went to Cockleshell Bay Beach on the southern tip of the island an it was a great beach. Quiet out of the way with a bar where lunch could be purchased.

Thanks for your replies -- we do like sea days, so the miracle will be good. We do like the hustle and bustle of a big ship, will the miracle be "too small?" Also, when we first researched these two options, I had read a lot of good stuff about the exotic western ports, esp hondoras and belize - anyone have any input on these? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I had finally settled on the Valor -- but I have one more question -- my concern is the weather/water/beaches in March in the western vs eastern/southern, because with the west you're not deep into the caribbean sea... we love blue waters and beautiful beaches. Will we be disappointed with western itinerary?? Thanks!

We did the Valor western itinerrary in January of this year- LOVED IT!

Weather was fabulous- definitely beach weather! Roatan Island has some gorgeous water and beaches! In Belize, we went cave tubing (so no beach day), and the water was "cool" but very refreshing after the hike through the rainforest....

The Valor was a great ship- and we were on her before the refurb....

I did the same trip on the Valor and loved it. Check out my review... 7 mile beach in Grand Cayman is great, The private island Cauker Cay I think is nice in belize, honduras is beautiful!!!!

Chrankanab is a must see in Cozumel... Alot to do or dont do a think and lay in a hammic on the beach!!!!

HAVE FUN!!!

We were on the Valor in November. Loved the ship, the layout, the staff, everything. The ports were great. In Cayman we went to 7 mile beach, it was absolutely beautiful. We took a taxi from the port to the beach at the Royal Palms. In Belize, we cave tubed with Major Tom - terrific! In Honduras (my favorite by the way), we had a driver through Victor Bodden tours. We zip lined and canopied at Jungle Canopy with 18 or 19 zip/canopy lines - one of the best things I have ever done. We then went to a beach at the West End - again, beautiful. Then we went to visit the spider monkeys - i ended up making my Christmas card with the pictures of the three boys each with a monkey on his head. Finally, Cozumel and we were exhausted. We just shopped here, but the water again was blue as could be. It is our first port this year and we will go to Paradise Beach.

Next Thanksgiving, we are on the Miracle to the ports you are considering. Hopefully, you can't go wrong either way!

If you thought St Lucia was ok you need to know that St Kitts is smaller and less developed. We loved that route and hope to do it again in January (have to get DS married and DD graduated first) We love the extra sea days to just relax,

Archived