Price dropped on a booked group cruise

I'll be interested to see. We booked our group cruise over a year ago and we sail next week. We booked directly through Carnival and we were told right from the beginning that if anyone found a price decrease or were using another form of discount, they could apply it to their cabin, but they would not be considered a part of our group. The price quoted to us last January was our "group" price and could not be altered - except for the fact that they tacked on the fuel surcharge nine months later. (But, that's another argument).

I'll be interested to see. We booked our group cruise over a year ago and we sail next week. We booked directly through Carnival and we were told right from the beginning that if anyone found a price decrease or were using another form of discount, they could apply it to their cabin, but they would not be considered a part of our group. The price quoted to us last January was our "group" price and could not be altered - except for the fact that they tacked on the fuel surcharge nine months later. (But, that's another argument).

Per our group, This is a a copy from our roll call from our group leader it was not a big price drop but, we were given it.

icon10.gifAlways Watching Out For Everyone!!!!

Our rates went down $10 per person, but taxes went up $2.64 per person, so everyone that is booked will receive a $7.36 reduction in the amount you now owe to Carnival......am I good or what?:D May not be much, but HEY....it's a beer or 2!!! WOO HOO!!!:p

Lonnie

I have a group cruise booked for May 11, 2009. I am the group leader. The price has decreased by $40. I e-mailed my group PVP to enquire about a reduction. She has not responded. Does Carnival give reductions on group cruises?

I've been on several group cruises & No, they don't usually reduce price. They may offer an additional OBC per cabin but I guess it depends on who you book with.

On our Princess group cruise last year we got a price drop because of the resident sale....my parents actually got a check back because they had paid in full when the Ga. resident sale came around. I found the price drop by checking the website...TA never knew about it

I was told that the "group rate" had not changed. That the rate for individual booking decreased. They said that groups was a totally seperate entity. I called back as if I was a new customer and was given the same rate as before (not the discounted rate). How can you check to see if there is a drop in the group rate if it is not the same as the rates stated on Carnival's website?

Groups are treated as an entirely different entity. Anytime I've had a question in the past year and I've called the normal 800 Carnival number and given them my booking number - they always tell me that I'm part of a group and will have to call a different number.

According to our PVP, we were given a "special" group rate to start with and that is the reason that they will not decrease the rate should we find any promotions or added discounts.

Carnival does adjust pricing. We were just inquiring about a future cruise and because my husband is retired military we were told that as of right now they are not offering the military discount but to keep checking back in a couple of months and Carnival will take the discount amount off once it goes into effect. A really good deal since we saved over $400 on our cruise in September on the Conquest. I would definitely check with Carnival. What will it hurt. The worst they can say is no.:o

Groups are treated as an entirely different entity. Anytime I've had a question in the past year and I've called the normal 800 Carnival number and given them my booking number - they always tell me that I'm part of a group and will have to call a different number.

According to our PVP, we were given a "special" group rate to start with and that is the reason that they will not decrease the rate should we find any promotions or added discounts.

You are right on this. I did ask about the group rate and would we be able to add the military discount when it came into effect. The Carnival Rep did say that group pricing is different and that we would be better off booking separately as we could get the discount later. I think it all depends on how you booked your group. Hey, as I said earlier... the worst that can happen is they say no and you still get to go on your cruise!!! Happy Sailing!!!!!

Archived