Eurodam SZ10005 New room configuration

BucknJeff

• 3 weeks later...

I am booked in 10005 on the 15th Oct with a travelling companion that snores, that space will do me fine and I can even open up my case on the floor, 50% off the normal price was an added bonus as well. Many thanks for those pics, I don't have to wonder any more.

• 3 months later...

Our time in SZ 10005 was good. The extra space just gave us plenty of room to move around so we weren't constantly squeezing past each other. There are a few more chairs now to fill up the space, ( but how many chairs do 2 people need???)...and another small table too. The bathroom, was just the same size as we've had on other ships, The shower in the bath was good, and its a low side bath so not difficult to step over. Was the extra room space worth the extra cost?? DH reckons it was. I would have preferred a larger balcony(although we can both be a bit untidy, and the more space you have, the more untidy you can be :o ).

I have to say I was a bit disappointed with the balcony. I used to be 5' 3" ( haven't been near a tape measure for a long time...for many reasons :o ) and I had to stand on tip toe to see over the metal and sometimes I actually stood on the foot stool, but you cant stay like that for long, so I didn't get as much use from the balcony as I would have liked.

As you can see from the pic attached, there is a small perspex bit so that you can see the sea whilst sitting down, but, for me, it wasn't enough.

oops, it wasn't attached :o

Thanks for the pic Betty--

---Yes, this was extremely poorly designed - I would have been dissapointed with it as well.

IMO - HAL wasted a perfect opportunity to create something extremely grand and desirable that could have commanded a premium price up in the region of a Deluxe Suite or a Penthouse.

Archived