Seaborne Best Web Award

WesW

fyi

Seabourn's Website Scores Two Top Web Awards for 2004

Named 'Best Travel Site' and 'Best Leisure Site' By Web Marketing Association

MIAMI, Sept. 21 -- The website for ultra luxury cruise pioneer Seabourn Cruise Line, located at

www.seabourn.com, has been selected by the judges of the Seventh Annual Web Marketing Association "WebAwards" competition as the Best Travel Site for 2004. In addition, the judges named Seabourn's innovative Virtual Theater this year's Best Leisure Site.

The Best Travel Site award was presented to Chicago-based Quicksilver Associates, Seabourn's website host and provider. The Best Leisure Site award went to Miami's BGT Partners, the company hired by Seabourn to create an interactive Virtual Theater section to display streaming video, 360-degree photography and other images illustrating Seabourn's cruise product.

"Seabourn's vision is to be the best of the best in ultra luxury travel," said Deborah Natansohn, Seabourn's president. "And that vision extends to the way we present ourselves on the Web. It's important to us that our website be as elegant, handsome and as hospitable to visitors as our yachts are to our guests."

WMA judges measured all nominated competitors based on seven criteria: design; innovation; content; technology; interactivity, copywriting and ease of use.

Seabourn's Web presence offers visitors hundreds of pages of information about the intimate, all-suite Yachts of Seabourn, the company's award-winning Signature Delights onboard features and amenities and the worldwide itineraries sailed by Seabourn Pride, Spirit and Legend. A separate section for travel agents allows them to order marketing materials, download images and logos, customize brochures or emails for their use and request bookings. In addition, the site contains sales policies and a survey for agents.

Visitors can create a personalized page called My Seabourn, where they can store itineraries of interest, create and maintain a personal profile and otherwise enhance the customization of the site to their wishes. The Virtual Theater section features several different streaming video presentations, including a thrilling aerial view of a Seabourn Yacht underway, a delightful "Shopping with the Chef" excursion and a video of actual Seabourn guests relating their own "Seabourn Stories" anecdotes. For more information, contact a travel agent or call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391. To visit the award-winning Seabourn website, set your browser to

www.seabourn.com

The Cruise Director will be Mr. Eric DeGray! The best! Eric and I have been friends for almost 5 years.......he is multi-talented and his shows are "drop dead!" He's taller than Tommy Tune and ever so much better! Fabulous personality. Please ask him to perform, "Bring Him Home" from Les Mis! He sang it on the Crossing for us......you might need your hanky! He does "Phantom" beautifully.......at the moment he's working on "Puttin' On The Ritz" for our "Royal Affair" during the Pride March Crossing. You will certainly enjoy Eric! Please tell him, "Miss Martha B. sends you a Texas-sized hug!"

Captain T.T. Sorensen will "drive" for you. Last March Crossing, we gave him his "Docorate of Cruisin' Degree", So we now all refer to him as: Captain Dr. T.T. and a swell fellow!! Staff Captain Nils is a super nice gentleman. A farmer. Reserved, but OH, very funny!

Vitor Alves (from Portugal) is the Hotel Manager. We've been good friends for years. He was the Maitre D' when Mother and I first met him.

Cheffy J.P. Siedel is great! Came off the Queen Mary2.....one evening he prepared a whole duck for us and "trolleyed" it up to the table and a sweet waiter carved it. He will prepare anything you would like to have!

Lulu (Laurent Lalouer) will be your Maitre d'. A real "hoot!" and cute as a bug!

Tori Dagestad is the Ex. Housekeeper. Super great gal!

James is assn. Maitre D'........wonderful and so very efficient!

Mette Olsen will be the Chief Pursor. Mother always called it "The Welcoming Desk".......NEVER "THE Pursor!" She said, "Welcoming Desk sounds alot more friendier!" That was Mama!

You will love the Pride! I will warn you now........."Once Seabourn, always Seabourn!" It's the finest place to be on the Seven Seas!

Have fun!

Martita B.

Martha B.

Thanks for all the great info.

We have sailed on the Pride before and know how great it is.

We were even on a sailing with you and momma in December 2001 in the caribbean. Always a great time.

mcboo:):)

Lordy!!!! Is your first name Robert? It was San Juan to Fort Laud, wasn't it?

Well, T.T. was our Staff Captain on our Dec. 2001 cruise. Tori was on..... also Mette. Guy Sharp was Hotel Manager......he's food and beverage M.G. now on the Queen Mary2. AND Vitor was our Maitre D'!

Why, you'll know all of 'em!

Gosh, the older I get, the smaller the world becomes!

Have a super wonderful time.......The M/V Pride ship IS the place to be!

Martha B.

McBoo~~~~This was the cruise (Nov. 30th-Dec.7th) when I took Captain Rodahl his official NYPD cap......the one that 'lit George Bush (I still call him 'lit George ---actually I call him Shrub---living South of Midland, Tx. we knew BIG George) wore in the rubble after 9/11......I called the New York Police station and ask for the exact one to take to Captain Leif.......and I'll be darn, they sent it to me! While on the phone that day, talking with a NY policeman I ask him if I could send him anything from Texas or if I could help in any way.......he said, "Thank you, no there isn't anything we need......just time." Why I thought of this, I'll never ever know.......I said, "well, do 'yall have any big homegrown roasted pecan halves to nibble on?" He said, "no we don't"........I got so excited and said, "well, you will NOW! I had a huge ziplock bag in the freezer.....I quickly roasted that bag of halves and had them in the mail to the address he had given me that same afternoon.......I enclosed my social card. When I received an e-mail from the NY policemen, they were enjoying nibbling on the fresh roasted West Texas pecans! I sat at my computer and cried! Do you remember seeing Captain Leif wearing that navy blue NYPD baseball cap around the ship?

Martha B.

Martha B.

Don't remember the cap but you did give a pin of the American Flag on the second formal night at dinner. We dined with you and momma. I had the pleasure of sitting next to your momma at that dinner. Such a treat.

mcboo

:):)

McBoo, thank you for remembering. She was quite a Southern lady! At that time she was 93.......her eyesight was failing and the sweet waiters in the dining room wouldn't even offer her a menu, for they all knew she couldn't see......insteady they would simply say to her, "Mrs. Bailey, the Chef has prepared a special pumpkin soup for you tonight. (they knew what she liked to eat) And the Chef has a very delicious turkey and dressing dish he has prepared for you. (late in her life she didn't like fish or beef)" She would say, "OH, that's JUST what I wanted!" When desert came, it was the same thing......"I'm going to bring you you're favorite carmel custard!"........

Do you remember how very kind the waiter was to my Mother that night? They are just as kind today, to the elderly folks, as they were to my Mama!

What would we do without Seabourn?

My dinner toast is: The best Islands in the world are those that float and move......their names are, The Legend, The Spirit, and The Pride! Salute!

Martha B.

We were onboard with Eric DeGray on his very first Seabourn cruise and he was a STAR from the first moment! As are all of our Seabourn favorites--beyond belief! Always love watching first time Seabourn cruisers onboard! Champagne wishes and caviar dreams to Seabourn always being there for lovers of cruising the only way--the Seabourn Way!

Archived